“Sports Bar with Great Beer Selection and Surprising amount of Gluten Free Vegetarian Options”
Review of Oak and Stone

Oak and Stone
Description: Forget what you thought you knew about pizza places. This specialty joint specializes in artisanal, wood-fired pizzas and toppings with a twist like roasted pineapple, Cedar Key clams, kale pesto, caramelized garlic and more. We also offer a variety of gourmet grub, unexpected entrees, and the largest selection of craft brews on tap in town. The wood-fired pizza starts with a handcrafted dough which undergoes a 36-hour fermentation process made with triple-filtered water. Top that with a 4th generation sauce recipe, as well as unique toppings and local ingredients, and we’re talking about one fantastic pizza. The burgers and wings become elevated finger food, smothered in an assortment of homemade sauces or piled high with fresh add-ons. And, of course, there’s the beer. Oak & Stone boasts the largest RIFD technology self-serve brew wall in the region with 56 taps of golden goodness.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Went with my husband, son, and brother-in-law and was very pleasantly surprised. The guys loved the beer wall where you get to sample lots of beers. There is a full bar besides the beer wall. I was very happy to find that I could have have something besides a salad. I am a vegetarian and gluten intolerant, which can be challenging. They have gluten free pizza, bowls, and a gluten free veggie burger on a gluten free bun. I got the burger and it was very good.

2  Thank Beth G

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If the only thing you order from
Oak and Stone is the Philly Cheesesteak egg rolls you will not be sorry! My husband and I agreed they are one of the best things we’ve ever eaten! The plate has a beer cheese sauce on the bottom and jalapeño aioli dollops on the side. So amazing!!!

The pizza was also very good! Their sausage has a bit of a kick and it’s sweet. Good combo.

If I lived closer I would not be able to resist going here every day!

Our server was also great! She was super attentive!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Just arrived after a ten hour flight so looked for something to eat near where we were staying. We came across this place. Was really nice. We ordered nachos for starters which was a huge portion. I had a chicken wrap for my main which was really tasty, my husband and daughter had a spicy chicken sandwich and my other daughter ordered a burger. The food was all very nice. Would recommend.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We went for a Saturday lunch to celebrate our son's 21st birthday. Enjoyed being able to taste from over 50 different beers without committing to a full glass! The pizza was delicious as well as the kale salad that we shared. Excellent service. Look forward to returning!

1  Thank SaltLifeGal
Reviewed 18 March 2018

My best friend and I had been here before a year ago, and had a really nice time. So, we decided to come with his parents for dinner. When we arrived and gave our name and number to the hostess, we were told 20-30 minutes for our table. So, we moved over to the end of the host stand to wait. After 27 minutes, our phone went off. We showed the hostess (same as person who took our name and number) that we got the text. She proceeded to ask our last name and then tell us that she "had texted us 10 minutes ago" and so our table had been given to the next person in line. We were upset, obviously. We had been standing at the hostess desk the entire time, and no one had once asked us our names. When asked why she didn't use her words to announce to us our table was ready, she claimed that she didn't take our name and number and had no idea it was us! Which is ridiculous, because only 2 other families had come in after us, and we had stood there the entire time. When we asked her multiple times what that meant for us, she refused to answer. We were furious. Not only because of her attitude, but because we had watched an employee go out and retrieve a family who had walked in after us, to sit them. We spoke to a manager, told him what happened, and he sat us immediately. After that, we had a great waitress and delicious food, and enjoyed the beer wall immensely.

I will give them a chance again, but I sincerely hope this hostess learns better customer service and loses her attitude. I also hope they learn to exert the same effort with all guests - you don't retrieve some guests outside for their table, but not even use your words to ask another waiting family for their name.

I am giving them a 3 for now, because I don't want to judge a restaurant off of one person.