“Great Location, Lots of activites”
Review of Island Inn

Island Inn
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed 5 June 2012

The location is great! It is within walking distance of bars and restaurants in the area. The hotel offers a bar, kayak rentals, paddle board rentals, grills, volleyball and more. The lobby was clean and staff was friendly. The room we had Was clean but required updating. The mattress was hard as a rock...I should have slept on the floor.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank uhoh43
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Island Inn

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Find a privately owned unit. The unit I rented was run through the condo/hotel onsite office. The bath mat had mold all over the bottom side. The pole lamp was broken. Nicely furnished but not real clean nor well maintained. The bar serves frozen/microwaved food! A frozen bratwurst microwaved - that's not how you serve bratwurst. A great location. Wakeup to the sight and sound of the surf. Take a chance.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rev_Dennis
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Reviews online seemed great but we stayed May 4 and 5, 2012 and it was not a pleasant stay. First when we got in the room and turned down the bed there was a black hair laying across the sheet. The drain in the tub needs to be declogged. During my shower the tub filled with water, when I turned it off it took about 5 mintues for the water to drain. Saw two roaches during our stay. But the kicker was there is very minimal parking spaces. We came back from a day of fishing around 5 pm to find no parking space on property and no spaces in the designated lot across the street. Went to the office to find out where they expected us to park and got no help. The two girls behind the desk just looked at me like I had two heads. No apologies and their suggestion was to just park in front of the front office (not a space just to pull up in front). I complained when we checked out the next morning and they did give us some money off but I will NEVER stay there again and do not recoomend it!! This is an older hotel and you can definitely tell.

Room Tip: May the extra $20, $30 or $40 to get a better room and a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Karen- Kevin F
Reviewed 4 May 2012

April 26-29 2012

When we first arrived in St. Pete we originally booked our vacation at the Postcard Inn with high hopes of a fun and romantic beach getaway(kid-less might I add) at an oceanfront boutique hotel/motel. We traveled from Burlington, VT with less than 2 hours of sleep looking forward crashing in the hammock and on the beach...long story short we had to move because of the mold and mildew in our first room to a less mold smelling one..but later once the sun set entered upon a palmetto/cockroach infested one. I was in tears, exhausted, and was afraid to sleep or even pull back the covers...I instantly tried finding a place with vacancy(was pretty much sold out everywhere within miles) and found the Island Inn.

It's 2 am, and Ryan at the front desk of the Island Inn was so kind and helpful! Told us that we could come and check out one of their king oceanfront staterooms that morning. Whew, I could at least sleep a couple hours so that I could function.

We arrived at the Island Inn around 8 in the morning...the property was clean and not a place by the exterior would be a place I would have normally considered. Kind of an aged sign from the road, but folks, don't judge this book by it's cover!! Upon arriving at the front desk, we explained our horrible situation, and she completely felt for us(considering we have 4 kids and just wanted a little beach getaway) and offered us some coffee to keep us going(good might I add for "hotel" coffee). She let us view room 318...and when we opened the....immediately we were impressed!! The room we walked into was far better than the ones even shown on their website! Porcelain bowl sink, beachy chic furniture, and view...absolutely perfect!! We went back downstairs and booked the room and can I say, she was fantastic!! Not only giving us a wonderful price(half of what we paid at Postcard Inn), but gave us loads of information, including info on festivals that were going on, free rides, food recommendations... all that panned out very well during our stay. I was very impressed by the island inn's front desk. I wish I had caught her name...She'll know who she is when she reads this...I think perhaps Nikki?

The room... very clean! Very well maintained, the view from the room couldn't ask for anything better on the beach. Bed was comfy, and found there was ample space to store our luggage as well as groceries, goodies etc..On the way to the beach for a little sun, I stopped by the pool and Rick's Tiki Bar and was asking for hours etc... The bartender was a sweetheart, also gave us some great info on where to go on the island. We returned several times during our short stay.

The hotel's environment... great. A nice mix between young and old and families. You really didn't hear the intoxicated or even saw them except for returning back to the hotel after being out (compared to our first impression at the old place in St.Pete which there were loud drunken strands of people barely making it to their rooms). The common areas, and bar/pool, and lobby were all well maintained, clean, and taken care of.

When we return to the area, this is the only place we'll stay. I would feel comfortable suggesting this to not only other couples, but we would return with our kids, and would suggest to folks our parents age.

Thanks Island Inn, you saved our vacation!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MsBrianna
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I spent two nights in November 2011 and really enjoyed my visit. Hollyn at the front desk was very helpful. She was professional and friendly. She helped me arrange for the free shuttle. I will be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family