As my photos demonstrate, the extra expense of the deluxe gulf view was some what compromised by the eye sore. What I did not expect was to be woken up by jack hammers at 8:00 AM. What I did expect was to be lulled asleep by the gentle gulf surf. That did not happen as the water was over 500 feet away.
Suffice it to say, the deluxe gulf view did not live up to expectations.
That been said, the resort amenities were adequate. The room was clean, the
bed was comfortable, the staff was pleasant, and the kitchenette was fully equipped.
The bathrooms were small. If you can't towel dry yourself without banging your elbows against doors and walls, then the bathroom is small.
Sloppy Joes, attached to the resort was great. Happy hour from 3-6 PM and after 9:00 PM. The drinks are stiff. There are no activities at the resort.
The location was excellent, walking distance to everything. Walgreens across the street (full liquor service) and Publix a block away. Robbie T's was fun. Foxys had a friendly diner feel to it and the food was good and fairly priced. The Pearl restaurant was very good, where the chef remembers you by name. All these venues were a short walking distance across the street. John's pass, approximately 1.5 miles north on Gulf Boulevard is a must. There are plenty of restaurants and souvenir shops, including Bubba Gump Shrimp. Enjoy a beverage and watch the dolphins play in the water.
Overall the resort was very good. I'd probably not return only because there is literally
dozens of resorts to choose from and there is not enough unique incentives to tantalize me back without looking elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bilmar Beach Resort offers a traditional Florida beach get away with an aray of modern amenities. We have a central location on Treasure Island and are close to all the Tampa Bay area attractions. With over 15 million in recent upgrades including our signature restaurant Sloppy Joe's on the Beach we provide the service you desire with the relaxed atmoshpere you deserve. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bilmar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilmar Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Bilmar Beach Treasure Island
- Bilmar Hotel
- Bilmar Beach Resort Treasure Island