2,379 results
All reviews sloppy joes palms building across the street resort fee paddle boards within walking distance per day live music stove top hot tub drug store upon check flat screen tv watch the sunset long walk third floor gulf of mexico
Reviewed 11 October 2010

My daughter and I were pleasantly surprised to find a clean and comfortable room with a slider right onto the sand of Treasure Island Beach. It had a refrigerator and small microwave which was nice. Sloppy Joe's Restaurant was only average and I wouldn't recommend it for anything other than snacks and drinks. The hotel has a six or seven story section that overlooks this restaurant and one of the two pools. I would guess the noise level would be a problem in those rooms. Food at the breakfast cafe was better and the pool in the three story section was much quieter. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Right off the bat at check-in the staff surprised us by offering a 4pm checkout so we could go to the beach that afternoon and still return to the room to shower and change before we left. The room was really nice, and the beds were really comfortable. The view of the hotel's beach from the 7th story was amazing.

Breakfast at the restaurant that sits between the pool (there are actually 2 pools on opposite ends of the hotel) and the beach was surprisingly fast, inexpensive and really good. (Side note: hats off to the bartender there who knew how to make great drink!)

The staff was really helpful and gave great restaurant suggestions, sightseeing tips and local info. They were all trying so hard to make sure everything was perfect. As far as price, it was less expensive than I would have expected by $50 easily.

To sum it up; for the value and experience I'd thumb my nose at any other hotel in the area. My wife and I went for our anniversary and I'm so glad we did. Only regret? Not calling in sick to work the next day to stay longer.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeachMegan
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Very impressed with the Bilmar. We stayed 8 nights and was impressed how clean an ocean front hotel was. Location was great for the Tampa Bay area. Sloppy Joes restaurant was great for food and drinks. The Floridan restaurant with award winning cuban sandwiches within a block also walking distance was homemade icecream shop.2 pizza places.mexican, New Orleans snowballs and much more. The Trolly system was confusing to us on where to get off.. Walgreens and Publix grocery also within walking distance. Very friendly staff and hotel and Brazzies bar. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We were on the 6th floor, so not only was the room nice, the views were breathtaking. Watching the sun set over the wide white sand beach into the blue water Gulf was a nightly event. Staff were friendly (especially Shaunna @ the front desk); pools and hot tub were clean and the food was delicious @ Sloppy Joes. At least 9 restaurants w/in one block! A delightful, relaxing vacation. Already planning the next visit.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2010

loved the hotel and wonderful,caring staff,who went out of their way to help. loved the 2 heated pools and jacuzzi, pools perfect for lap swimming, as i m on a masters swim team in tampa. loved my room with soft bed and carpet, instead of the cold, slippery tile that so many florida hotels now have. i hope to come back here again soon.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo