2,347 results
All reviews sloppy joes across the street palms building resort fee paddle boards within walking distance live music stove top hot tub drug store upon check watch the sunset flat screen tv long walk third floor john's pass gulf of mexico
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We loved every detail of our stay at the resort! We cannot wait to return
again! Thank you for being so perfect and gracious.

Reviewed 5 August 2010

We stayed this past weekend at the Bilmar in Treasure Island (St. Pete area), Florida. The hotel was busy - there was actually a wedding on the beach when we arrived! The front desk clerks were busy but still very friendly. They took time with the three different guests in front of me in line and they took time with me! Another guest waiting needed help with her laptop and the clerk offered his help even though he was clearly busy - he wasn't annoyed at all! He was genuinely happy to help. We ate at their restaurant - Sloppy Joe's. Excellent! Service there was also fantastic! It was clear that the MO at this hotel is service. EVERYONE we encountered made us feel at home. Refreshing since we stayed at another hotel the weekend before in Orlando and no one knew we existed! The room was really clean. There was no "moldy" smell - it was fresh smelling. It looks like everything was just updated in the room. The outside of the building isn't like the hotels we normally stay at but don't let that deter you from staying here. It's WELL WORTH it. The beach there was BEAUTIFUL! No oil any where.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2010

My partner and I made reservations at the Bilmar for a one night stay. I am a resident of Florida and they guaranteed me a Florida resident rate. Upon checking my bank statement, I was way over charged. They charged me for a two night stay and did not grant the Florida resident rate. I called and spoke with the Manager and unless I was able to prove that I checked out , there was nothing they were able to do. Therefore, I suggest that you save your receipt. Unfortunately, my boyfriend disposed of our receipt and I was not able to prove the one night stay, but the manager said he would guarantee me the Florida resident rate. The charge is still pending on my account.

When I arrived at the hotel, the room was not what I had expected. The room and hotel is outdated. The bathroom lighting is very, very dim. The sliding bathroom door made of wood was very hard to manuever. I felt I was getting a daily workout opening and closing the doors. There was no room to walk around. The balcony featured a huge air conditioning unit which was not pleasant to the eye and was very noisy.

The elevators are very hot inside, no ventilation and very slow. I would hate to be trapped inside.

Our first night stay, upon going back to my room, my access card did not work. I tried it at least 10x to no avail. Therefore, I had to walk back to the management office to solve the issue. I had to wait on a line until someone attended to me. I was pressed for time since I had an event to attend. The reservation attendant checked the system and it seemed that they had me listed as a late checked out and deactiviated my card.

I will never stay at this hotel again. Treasure Island is beautiful, and hotel is convenient to many locations, but I would much rather stay in a different hotel.

1  Thank Sweety22460
GMBBR, General Manager at Bilmar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2010

Dear Ms. G.,

I am disappointed to read your description of your recent visit to the Bilmar Beach Resort. As is evident in my other responses I take full responsibility in any error made by the staff of the resort. After you contacted the resort on the day of your scheduled departure we had a detailed conversation as to why I do not believe any reservation errors were made on your account. Our rate management system and your signed registration card confirm you received the Fla. Resident Rate. Despite that fact I did reduce your Saturday night bill by $38.00 to honor what you believed to be the quoted rate. As we discussed we show no record of your checking out the resort a day early. The keys issued to you at check in were used throughout your two day scheduled visit including three times after 3pm including 9:47pm on Sunday, your 2nd night. Unless the key were given to someone along with the room number it is not feasible a member of your party did not utilize the room. What prompted your call to us on the Monday morning of your scheduled check out is unknown if you were in possession of your final receipt for the one night.

I understand that the Penthouse King room you stayed in did not meet your expectations. I apologize for that and would add it is normally reserved along with the connecting parlor suite measuring over 900 spare feet. The hot tub in the oversized bathroom usually makes this King accommodation popular with couples but we have many other oversized rooms available for future stays.

I pride my own and my companies commitment to integrity. If any of my research indicated any error in our handling of your stay I would gladly make the appropriate compensation; however it is not appropriate for me to reimburse a room that was clearly reserved, signed for and accessed for the full length of the registered stay. I respectfully offer any opportunity you may want to discuss this further.
Sincerely, Clyde Smith – General Manager

Reviewed 4 August 2010

My husband decided to take a much needed trip to treasure Island this weekend while our three young children went to church camp. The hotel staff was very friendly and the Front desk staff ... Heather and Paul were phenomenal. They were very kind and personable and made sure we enjoyed our stay. When we first checked in our room was located next to an ice machine and asked if we could be moved to another room that was in a more quite location. Heather went above and way beyond our expectation and she put us in a gorgeous room on the PH floor. She helped us find great places to eat (R bar and latitudes which were great). The Hotel is great featuring two pools and two restaurants decor was beautiful and the views from many points in the hotel were spectacular! The resort is very clean and packed with personality beautiful ocean views and great beech access. We loved it and can not wait to visit again.
Pam D... Tampa Florida

Reviewed 1 August 2010

We have been to the Bilmar for vacation for the last three years. Absolutely love the area, the convenience of restaurants and grocery stores. The beach is always beautiful and never really that crowded.

This year will be our last year at staying at the Bilmar, but not our last year at staying in Treasure Island. We made our reservation on the phone in February. When we spoke to the person at the front desk, we told them we wanted "A" room (not a specific room, just a king size bed, gulf view room) on the 3rd floor. We were told that though they couldn't guarantee us the room we wanted, that they would do everything they could to accommodate us. Not sure why they couldn't guarantee "A" room 6 months in advance, but we accepted it. At the time the computers were down, so they said they would email us the confirmation. They never did and a few months later I called to tell them we never go it. When I called, I made sure again that they knew what type of room we wanted and where we wanted it located. No guarantee of course, but they noted it on the confirmation they finally sent us.

The week we went was the weekend of July 4th, typically a very busy time in that area. We would be arriving late night of the 3rd, so I called them that morning to let them know. Again, a confirmation of our room was given on the phone. We get to the hotel around 9 PM and check-in went fairly smooth. We get to the room.. and we have been given a DOUBLE bed room. We called the front desk and was told that because they were full for the weekend that we wouldn't be able to get the room we wanted until Monday, the 5th.

Monday the room was cleaned by 10:30 so I went and asked if we could move into it. The front desk (Michael) said no, it hadn't been released by the maid supervisor in the computer. We asked once more and was told the same thing. We did not get moved into the room until after 3 PM, while arriving guests are being told their rooms are ready.

Complaints got us 4 free breakfasts, free drinks and a free dinner at Sloppy Joe's. No comp on the wrong room was offered.

Trash pile in the stairwell along with spilled milk was there for 3 days being moved from one side to the other.

The manager, Clyde, was apologetic about all the problems we had, but when you have staff that screws up so many times, there is only so many free things that can be given before it just doesn't matter anymore.

Our maid, Elizabeth, was wonderful. Very nice and after I told her we'd like our room cleaned earlier (they are so short staffed on maids that they knock on your door at 5 PM wanting to clean), she always had our room cleaned by 11 AM.

We will be moving down the street to the South Beach condos next year. Beautiful condos, clean, spacious, W/D in the room, and very nice staff. That is where I'll spend my money.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa032
GMBBR, General Manager at Bilmar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2010

Dear Mr. & Mrs. G.,

I am sincerely apologetic that we were not able to repair the damage done by our mistake in not blocking the correct room for your arrival. Also the miscommunication on the day of your room move is embarrassing and should not have happened. While mistakes can occur; our ability to react and overcome the issue is usually one of my team’s strengths. We obviously did not act in accordance with your needs and our commitment. After we met in my office I thought we were on track for you to enjoy the remainder of your stay. I have addressed the deficiencies in the guest corridors and the need to exceed our guest’s expectations; especially when we are trying to correct an error on our part. While I understand your desire to try a different accommodation during your next visit to Treasure Island I want to assure you we are committed to improving on the challenges you experienced and would welcome the opportunity to gain back your confidence in the Bilmar Beach Resort and my staff.

Clyde Smith