2,361 results
All reviews sloppy joes across the street palms building resort fee paddle boards within walking distance live music stove top hot tub drug store upon check watch the sunset flat screen tv long walk third floor john's pass gulf of mexico
Reviewed 31 July 2010

Everything about our was wonderful. We had an effeciency room with a balcony with ocean view and it was breath taking. Only negative at all was that our room had a kitchenette with a stove top but no oven. I assumed that a kitchenette would have a full stove and since we were eating in some of the time to make it more affordable it kind of hindered some of the things we were able to make. Housekeeping was great, they do an outstanding job keeping the rooms clean and are very friendly. Biggest thing though it was oceanfront with a million dollar view. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2010

My best friend and I went on a vacation to Treasure Island, Florida last week and stayed at the Bilmar Beach Resort. There is only one word to describe this hotel, and that would be fabulous!!! Everything about the hotel was fabulous. As soon as we got into our room and saw the view, it was almost like we had to pinch ourselves to see if we were really there! The view was spectacular from the room, right on the beach. The room was extremely clean, every day the floors were vaccumed, beds were made, clean towels. The grounds of the hotel were just as clean. The beds were comfortable etc. There are two pools, that are wonderful after a long day in the sun, there is a great restaurant at either end (Sloppy Joes, and Bazzie's), my friend and I would go to Bazzie's for breakfast right there on the beach, then could also sit outside at Sloppy Joe's and have dinner and a drink! Everything was so convienent! Also, the staff was outstanding!!!! They were so friendly, and I couldn't thank them enough, especially Heather.. She went out of her way to recommend different things that would save my friend and I money as well as great restaurants that were local that we could try. ( a special thank you for recommending the R Bar for the all you can eat crab legs!) She even saw my friend and I out in town and recognized us and came over to say hello! The location was very convienent, located right on the beach so we could walk down to the water and enjoy the day, and go for walks at sunset to this great local place down the beach to listen to live music.

Also, the hotel was very family friendly. We noticed a lot of families that seemed to be having a great time. It wasn't a very loud party hotel, like some other hotels can be, it was very classy but for a great deal!

I just can't say enough nice things about this hotel and the whole vacation in general. My best friend and I are definitely looking forward to coming back to the Bilmar next year for another vacation! I just wanted to say a personal thank you to Heather and Richie and all of the other staff at the Bilmar for making this vacation amazing and just what my friend and I needed to get away from our stressful jobs!

-two best friends from Kentucky

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We just returned from a three day stay at the Bilmar Beach resort Saturday July 17th. What a great place to stay and for all you people that think there is oil on the beaches in this area you are missing a great time. We stayed in a Studio room with a balcony, which I highly recommend. This room was a five star room. I know that because we were at a conference in Tampa the days before and we stayed in a “five star” room. This room was nicer. We swam in the gulf every day for hours. What an experience. The hotel was very clean, staff was very helpful, and the location and views were unbelievable. Our only regret was we did not stay longer. If you want to have a great time on the Gulf and want to stay at a great place go to the Bilmar. You won’t be sorry.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2010

the wedding ceremony (weddings on a whimb) and reception (food from sloppy joes) were AMAZING!! We ran into a problem everyday with each of our guests for checking in. My ground floor room we reserved months ago was not available because ''someone decided to stay an extra night in that room'' so we had to stay in a room on the second floor. Our room wasnt ready untill almost 5pm the next day. The front desk staff was horrible unless you ask for a manager.. that was the only way anything would get done. Clyde was a great help. The hotel was very fun and the food was great so I will return next year.. i was just embarrassed of the staff, having people come from all over the country for our wedding i thought it would have been different.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank jules16100
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Room was clean and loved the way it was decorated. Location is great, beautiful view of the beach and very close to shopping and entertainment. Room service staff was very friendly. The only problems we encountered was at check in and at check out. Check in was at 4:00p.m. After driving 9 hours, we arrived at Bilmar at 3:40p.m. and was told a room was not available. The front desk clerk, Paul, took my cell phone number and said he would call me as soon as one was ready. We walked across the street to some shops and then to McDonald's. at 5:00pm, I had to call them. I was placed on hold and then told to head back over to the Bilmar and they would see if one was ready. I checked in at 5:15pm, no apology for the delay, and Paul told me he would call up to the room in a few minutes to see if everything was suitable. He never called.

The morning of check out there was a heavy rain storm and for some reason there was only one elevator running for the seven story building. It took 45 minutes in a rain storm to get my luggage downstairs, loaded in the car and me to get to the front desk to check out. There was one group from Missouri that was upset. I informed the front desk staff and the did call someone on the radio.

We originally planned to go to Gulf Shores, Alabama, but due to the oil on the beaches, we decided to try the Treasue Island, Florida area. I am glad we did. Other than checking in and checking out, it was a great trip.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
GMBBR, General Manager at Bilmar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2010

Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced on your recent visit to the Bilmar Beach Resort. It is obviously frustrating to have to wait for a room after a 9 hour drive but it appears you were patient enough to give us time to prepare your gulf front accommodation. Our lack of follow up and omission of an apology is very unfortunate and not in accordance with the guest service standards we expect from all of our team members. Please be assured I will share your experience with the guest service staff and take the steps necessary to prevent this from affecting another guest’s visit.

I am sorry your Alabama trip was rerouted to South Florida due to the crisis in the Northern Gulf of Mexico. We appreciate you choosing Treasure Island as an alternative. As you experienced our beaches and water are pristine and forecasted to stay that way due our position 120 east of the loop current. I hope you will choose Treasure Island in the future and allow us to show you our true spirit of Hospitality.

Sincerely, Clyde Smith – General Manager