Thunderbird Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
US$ 214
US$ 418
US$ 357
The Bayside Inn & Marina(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 178
Travelocity
US$ 263
Orbitz.com
John's Pass Beach Motel(Treasure Island)
US$ 157
Beach House Hotel(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 172
Blue Waters Treasure Island(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 188
Travelocity
The Bungalows(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 136
iBeach Resort(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 141
2,313 results
All reviewssloppy joesacross the streetpalms buildingresort feepaddle boardswithin walking distancelive musicstove tophot tubdrug storeupon checkwatch the sunsetflat screen tvlong walkthird floorjohn's passgulf of mexico
Reviewed 27 May 2010

My daughter got married in St Petersburg and the Bilmar Resort and Hotel was the perfect location right next to the causeway to get to wedding venue Knowing guests from out of town always want to stay at the beach . We price checked all the motels, condo's in the close proximity and the Bilmar had everything we were looking for. Location, Location Location. No charge for parking and a attendant in the parking lot to direct you .2 Restaurants where locals go! Stayed busy sign of good food and lots of fun! It had a beach bars, pool was nice.The rooms were great, spacious, the deluxe suite 4, the whole side of the suite was a killer view of the gulf, 2 bedrooms and a kitchen with counter to eat or talk, a TV room I mean we easily had 30 people in this room without a problem. We also had a 2 bedroom poolside room that was perfect for the kids just walk out the door and their is the pool, Its walking distance to many restaurants, drug store, ice cream, tiki bars, night clubs and more. The staff was friendly and we requested a early check in and they arranged that. We had 10 rooms and no one complained, even family. I wish it had not been high season, but everyone charged the same prices so not much you can do in March for spring break! I am a local and have stayed at many Hotels and Resorts on the Clearwater, St Pete, and Gulf coast beaches, I recommend this , you will have no regrets, this is it. .Enjoy, kickback, you may even see some dolphins.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed 3 May 2010

A friend and I made a weekend trip for some sun and fun. It was a windy weekend which made it pretty uncomfortable to spend time at the beach. We ended up by the main pool. Got the last 2 chairs and really enjoyed the afternoon there. It was pretty tight in terms of space around the pool, but all in all it was fine. Liked the fact that you can bring your own drinks to the pool area too. Not like next door at the Thunderbird where you have to buy from the Tiki Bar at a WAY TOO HIGH PRICE for a drink.
Our room was 112 in the beaches building. Really liked that you could walk right out onto the beach. Nice big room with plenty of space. Had breakfast at Bazzies, and they must have been running short on wait staff that morning, but we got our food in good time and it was very tasty. Our waitress was running her butt off but always had a smile on her face.
It was a lttle noisy from the music Sat. night with the wedding party, cause our room was right next to the patio area. But we had had enough ourselves that we complained about it for a few minutes, but it was no biggie.
We will be back next year, and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2010

We were attending a wedding at the Bilmar and so booked our room as well for the long weekend.

We had a Deluxe Gulf View Room in the Palms Tower. The view was great as was the small balcony. We had a small kitchen with a fridge, coffee pot, microwave and stovetop (we only used the fridge and coffee pot). Everything seemed to be in working order. The TV had good channels and worked fine.

The room was a decent size, but we had two double beds for 2 people. So I'm not sure how much extra room there would have been if we had 4 people. The bedding was fine for warm nights, but without a comforter I'm not sure if it would have been as nice in colder temperatures. There is an AC/Heater which was very loud, but worked just fine for us.

The bathroom was on the fairly side, but it was modern. My only complaint was that the dark granite and thick shower curtain made the shower very dark.

I'm not sure if it was just the particular weekend, but there was a group of younger adults screaming somewhere in our tower at 130am and it was very loud and I could feel the vibrations of doors slamming. As I was getting ready to call the front desk, they seemed to settle down. Even during the day, I could hear noises from other rooms which seemed louder than they should be.

The beach and the pool were wonderful. It's a very wide beach and there was plenty of room to spread out and not feel crowded. The two restaurants in the hotel had good food (Bazzie's had wonderful breakfast) and were well priced.

It was a nice hotel, and I would recommend it to friends. I think if I were back in the area, I might check out a cheaper hotel next time, but I wouldn't avoid the Bilmar.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
GMBBR, General Manager at Bilmar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your Bilmar and Treasure Island experience. I hope the wedding you attended was a wonderful affair and please share my best regards with the bride and groom. I apologize for the noise inconvenience during your visit. While it is difficult to prevent the occasional evening rowdiness of some guests please be assured we have security and guest service staff 24 hours a day to respond to any incident that may affect the comfort of our guests. I am happy to inform you that the entire Palms Tower has just received new pillow top mattresses. These new top of line beds should make for comfortable sleep for a party of 4 with no problem. I truly hope you will have fond memories of the Bilmar Beach Resort and we look forward to seeing you return. Best regards, Clyde Smith – General Manager.

Reviewed 23 April 2010

We decided to visit the beach after a week long stay in Orlando and selected the Bilmar. We booked a "Deluxe" Gulf View room at $159.00 per night. The room was very small and when we entered there was a bad musty smell. The beds did not have bedspreads, only a sheet with a blanket under the sheet and the pillows were throw size type pillows with pillowcases over them. When I called the front desk to tell them that there were no bedspreads and we would need blankets they delivered several blankets that had many small holes in them. The drapes had small holes in them as well and the carpet was filthy. My kids were very grossed out as were my husband and myself. They also said they had free internet connection and there was none available. What a way to end what was such a great vacation.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank chacha34
GMBBR, General Manager at Bilmar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the disappointment in your stay. I regret your experience did not meet the expectations we try to deliver to all the guests at the Bilmar Beach Resort. There is no reason your room should have had a musty smell or dirty carpets. The management and staff are committed to daily cleaning of all areas and all of the carpet was replaced in November of last year. After a busy spring break season it is apparent we need to address the inspection process with our housekeeping department and correct any deficiencies in carpet cleanliness. In keeping with current trends in hospitality bedding we replaced all of our quilted bed spreads with new bed scarves, doubled the number of pillows on each bed and continue to triple sheet the beds with the blankets between two clean sheets. I am embarrassed and apologetic that we would provide extra blankets that obviously are not up to our standards or your expectations. As so many of the other TripAdvisor postings confirm; we pride ourselves on superior service and clean upscale facilities. Again, I apologize we did not meet your expectations and would welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence on a future visit.

Best regards,

Clyde Smith

Reviewed 20 April 2010

The hotel was located on beautiful, very wide stretch of beach. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Room (suite with private balcony) was very clean, cleaned well daily, and had an A+ view of the beach. Excellant value, great location. Have traveled up and down the beachfront here and have been very disgruntled by the 300+ dollar a night rooms. No way! Save your money for dining out and seeing sites....the Bilmar is the place to be. Almost forgot, the restaraunt on site, Sloppy Joes, is excellant for food and service. Very nice pair of pools on site, clean, heated, very nice. The grounds are clean and very close to many quality local eating spots.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple