My wife and I stayed at the Bilmar...was referred to it by some friends who live in Tampa. Wow! What a surprisingly, charming little property, especially if your're used to California beaches like us! My wife and I stayed in a ground floor unit in the 4 story bldg...back of room is a sliding glass door that opens right onto the sand! Its a fairly long walk (100 yards maybe) to the water but it didn't matter...the resort fee gives you access to chairs out by the water...and its a beautiful stroll over white sand. The hotel had two restaurants, both right on the beach. One is more of a breakfast spot...it was in same 4 story building as our room. The other outlet is called Sloppy Joe's. Apparently Sloppy Joe's is extremely well known among both local Tampa folks and experience Floridian travelers - original Sloppy Joe's is in Key West. SJ's closes around 10pm (which as a hotel guest is great because you don't have to deal with the noise of having a lively bar underneath your room!)...for after hours (ie. after 10pm), I highly recommend walking across the street to Ricky T's! This place seemed to be hopping every night - live music, etc. We loved Ricky T's...even closed it down one night! Our room was spacious and well appointed. We had a frig to keep cold drinks in...but to be honest, we didn't hang out in it much. We were either out on the beach, eating/drinking/ or in the rental seeing the sites of St. Pete and Clearwater. The Bilmar is a gem...we highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bilmar Beach Resort offers a traditional Florida beach get away with an aray of modern amenities. We have a central location on Treasure Island and are close to all the Tampa Bay area attractions. With over 15 million in recent upgrades including our signature restaurant Sloppy Joe's on the Beach we provide the service you desire with the relaxed atmoshpere you deserve. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Bilmar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilmar Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Bilmar Beach Treasure Island
- Bilmar Hotel
- Bilmar Beach Resort Treasure Island