“Great breakfast & service!”

Shrimpy's Blues Bistro
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are proud to serve the freshest Gulf Seafood on the market. In addition we only buy wild caught seafood we will NEVER buy any farm raised seafood. Our kitchen is a fusion of The Gulf Coast; from New Orleans to the Tampa Beach Coast and their regional influences. Most of our Ingredients are Fresh from the Gulf and Florida. We don’t have walk-in coolers or big storage areas so we have to go to the market often to guarantee the freshness of our ingredients. In addition we offer 16 craft beers on tap many from the local area and New orleans
Reviewed 19 February 2015

The waitress was so kind to let us in before they actually opened. Had a great breakfast! Very reasonable prices!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Shrimpy's Blues Bistro

Reviewed 18 February 2015

This Bistro is a must try. The food is outstanding. Their daily specials are quickly becoming my favorite things to order. They are very fresh and delicious. The service is excellent. I always sit at the bar and I am greeted within seconds of sitting and most of the time the moment I walk through the door. I will be going back again and again.

Reviewed 17 February 2015 via mobile

Service was friendly and not too slow. We enjoyed the chicken and fish sliders. Kids mac n cheese was the best ever - seriously! Shrimp bisque was good w a surprising tomato base. Horseradish mashed potatoes were great! Crab cakes w sauce were made w fresh seafood - mmm! Shrimp and bacon quesadillas were okay. Decor was fun. Presentation of food was lovely. We would go back again.

Reviewed 15 February 2015

I live on Treasure Island and started a Facebook group for St. Pete locals that is 6,000 strong. I have been to Shrimpy's 4 or 5 times since it opened. Each time, I have tried to engage the owner in some casual conversation. Each time, I have been curtly dismissed. Without going on a personal vendetta about a restaurant owner who is clearly not a people person, I think it will suffice to say that I was there for Sunday morning breakfast at 10 AM with a party of four seated outside. It was busy, but I understand that it is always busy, meaning that this is business as usual, so the staff should be up to the task. It took 20 minutes to get a drink order in, at which time, two of my party still asked for a minute to decide on what to eat. The drinks came 15 minutes later, then another 25 minutes passed before the server returned to take our order. Not kidding. Our food finally arrived a full 90 minutes after we had sat down, but sadly, one of our party did not get served. It seems that they hadn't made her meal. When we were finished and she still hadn't been served, she went inside to cancel the order. The owner angrily dismissed her with a sarcastic "SORRY!". When I heard this, I went inside myself to speak to him. He saw me coming and hastily went into the kitchen. Eventually, my guests meal was served. We let the server know that the entire experience had been unacceptable. Five minutes later, the owner came out and, I kid you not, said, "Well, I guess you liked the food, huh?", referring to our empty plates. I simply said, "It's not about the food, it's about breakfast taking 2 hours and one of us not being served.", to which he gave me one of his sarcastic 'sorrys'. They took my friends meal off the bill. We won't be going back. He doesn't deserve our business.

3  Thank stanarthur
Richard B, Owner at Shrimpy's Blues Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2015

Hey Stan
thanks for giving shrimpys a try. Sorry we did not live up to your expectations but lets just get some facts straight. You were asked to get your order in as 8 tables arrived right after you but you wanted to wait so when you finally did order (35 minutes and 6 mixed drinks later) you were now behind 50 orders who all came in after you but would be getting their food before you. During this time you started yelling at the waitress who then explained again why you were behind everyone else. the food arrived. in 50 minutes not 90 Then when we came to check on you the first thing that comes out of your mouth should not be and I quote "I know 6000 people on face book and I'm going to be telling them not to come here. then i'm going on yelp " . As far as me hiding from you in the kitchen I walked right up to your table to talk to you. I did comp your friends food and when i do apologize I mean it. Please dine elsewhere in the future

Reviewed 14 February 2015

My mother and I had stopped for some shopping and were walking to mail a letter when a voice yelled from a doorway, "Don't be afraid come on in." So we did. The atmosphere was very open and friendly and the waitress went above and beyond for everybody in the restaurant. So we shared a Sauteed Garlic Shrimp Grenades with a Shrimp Bisque side, amazing! But I said I would have loved to have tried the Seafood Gumbo and mom said "Why not?" so we grabbed a bowl of takeout for lunch. It was amazing as well.
Best thing I can say is they are not afraid to put the Cajun in their cooking.
Loved the place and I know were I going when I am back in town next time.