“Not real great.....” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Las Vegas
“Not real great.....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 1 week. Upon arrival I entered into my room which smelled and immediately heard a screaming child in the room next to mine. Not the hotels fault or the kid....but the next day I went to office to change rooms. They agreed to change my room for a fee of $10.00 which I thought was petty. Upon arrival to my new room I noticed it smelled clean, which lead me to beleive my first room was not cleaned. All was well until I attempted to take a shower and did not have any hot water. I again went to the office and was told I had to manipulate the lever to get hot water. Still did not work so the maintenance guy came up and said I had to let the water run for about 10 minutes to get hot. Throughout the whole week no one cleaned my room, changed my sheets, replaced my towels or changed the trash.....awesome. Sleeping was a party too, when the a/c unit kicked on and ran it sounded like a bus. When I checked out I bumped into the owner of the hotel and explained my problems which I thought were pretty reasonable concerns. I was first refunded my whopping $10 room change fee and told someone should have been in my room cleaning etc....and after all this I was then offered a free night the next time I stay at this hotel......wow!!........what should have been done was a refund to my credit card for one night stay, but I was just glad to check out and get out of there. So if the owner reads this and remembers me feel free to refund my credit card for a night or two.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.....
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anthony B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Indianapolis, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed on the second floor, from Tuesday until Friday during Spring Break week. My grandmother and I stayed in a king-size bedroom with a small kitchenette.

Upon arrival, the staff was very friendly and welcoming. The furnishings in the room were great. I thought the room was tastefully decorated and clean. My grandmother found a few details that were not cleaned to her liking, but nothing that I noticed. It is located a across the street from the beach. We went through another hotel for direct access to the beach. It was very quiet in our section of the beach. We took a walk to Madeira and St. Petersburg Beach, and we found them to be very packed and loud. The beach in front of Bayside was very quiet, even on Spring Break week.

The only problem I had was a group of teenagers or college students who partied late at night in the pool. It was very easy to hear them. They quieted down after 1am.

We also had a very nice view of the marina behind the inn. Overall, I was very happy with my stay.

Room Tip: The room with the kitchenette was very helpful. It was stocked with everything we needed and the loc...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Davison, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

We just returned from a week long stay in Treasure Island and picked the Bayside due to price and having a kitchen in the room. We traveled with our young children so the convenience of having a kitchen for quick breakfasts and lunches is a must for us. The hotel was easy to find and conveniently located about a half block from the stop light and public beach access. The staff for the most part were very friendly and helpful. The rooms are updated and the mattresses were comfy. We enjoyed the pool and spent a lot of time there, our kids actually preferred it to the beach. The onsite grills were fantastic as was the picnic tables to eat. We often took our breakfast out to eat at the picnic tables just because it was fun. It was also nice to eat by the marina and watch fish jump.

There were just some minor things that made this place just okay in my book. There was no housekeeping unless you requested it. I didn't mind this other than when I asked about towels being replaced I was told it was done weekly. We took our towels down a few times to get changed out by the housekeeper and she was always pleasant about it. Our tub leaked down the side so we needed to place a towel on the floor in order to keep water from puddling. I think this was a design flaw and maybe the tub originally did not have a shower so the slope didn't matter. However, even with the shower curtain tight against the wall it still drained onto the floor. Again, once we figured it out it wasn't that big a deal. They have a coin laundry which we didn't know about until we looked around. They don't provide beach towels so I brought my own and glad that I did, especially since towels aren't routinely changed out unless you asked.

Overall, this was fine for us, and the owners are doing a nice job updating and providing for their guests. I have to admit that the place started to grow on me the longer we stayed. I especially like the neon sign as it reminded me of trips with my family when I was young.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

This was our first visit to the Bayside Inn and Marina. We are used to staying at larger hotels, but thought we'd like something a little quieter this time on our vacation. The property was very well maintained, the rooms were nicely furnished, and the beds were very comfortable. We had a kitchenette in our room with all the cooking utensils we needed. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and gave us great recommendations for nearby restaurants and places for us to visit. We really enjoyed our stay there, and have already booked for next year again.

Thank you, Aaron and Tania, for your big smiles all the time, and making us feel welcomed.

--Claire

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Claire M
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

My family and l spent 10 days in February and had a very nice time. The staff couldn't be nicer. The beds were really comfortable and clean, Thanks for the great BBQ Aaron. We will definitely see you on our next trip.

Arlene and famiy