“What a nice surprise!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Atlanta, Georgia
“What a nice surprise!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

I stayed here over Thanksgiving, as the resort in which I usually stay when visiting "home"was booked up. Having grown up in this area, I was familiar with its location, in an area of motels built in the 50's and 60's,near the "strip" on Treasure Island of stores, arcades, etc., and expected a nicely kept run of the mill place.The price was low for this area, so decided to try it. Pulling in I was like, yup. Kitchy old motel, check, nicely maintained check. I hauled my suit case up the steps and open the door...and went WHOA!
The place has been beautifully renovated with tile floors and classy, upscale looking furnishings. NICER than the furniture in a $200 per night Marriot in a recent stay elsewhere!! The bed was SOOO comfy too. It had a small, fully equipped kitchenette, which is great to have in an area where eating out every meal can get steep in a hurry. The pool and surround area is very clean, with nice landscaping, though noisy from the road (but in this stretch you hear cars on the beach across the street too). It is family owned and managed and the service was cheerful and super friendly. Aaron, the manager is responsive to guests concerns and always has a smile for you.
This may be nit-picky, but the reason I did not rate as excellent- no in room hair dryer, lounge chairs at pool are hard plastic and look like made to have pads, parking limited.
Overall this is a great little gem of a place that I will recommend to friends and family who visit my family in this area... just tell them to pack a hair dryer and thick beach towel. Although, from what I saw and heard from how Aaron runs the place, they'll probably have them by next visit. :-)

Room Tip: Rooms torward the center are closer to the heat pump and you get hot water faster!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lisa B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Riverview, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Rooms were very clean and nice. Had everything we could possibly need. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Williston, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

This place is easy to find and the price is average. We stayed in room 105 by the walk through and there was no great noise that weekend. So overall our weekend was really enjoyable. The room was clean, although there was no hangers, ice bucket or hair dryer and one table spoon. One of the lamps didn't work and the larger frig was not working. I'm not sure why it was in there with the smaller one working. Better to remove if not working.
I would go back. Some times smaller places are better.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Parrish, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

My wife and I wanted a weekend getaway and found this place on a internet advertisement. The price was unbeatable, which always makes me a little hesitant about how the establishment is being operated. Being on a budget, we decided to give it a shot. And I'll tell you what, I couldn't be happier that we did because after we left, we felt like we found Treasure Islands hidden Gem!!! The concierge staff was extremely friendly and prompt to our request. Our room was on the second story giving us views of both the Bay and the Gulf of Mexico, which was beautiful at sunset! The room itself was a 10! From the luxurious king bed to the well designed kitchenette the room was just what we were looking for. The room also came equipped with a flyer that enabled us 50% off our entire bill at a local beach bar, which was an incredible value saving us $60! Overall my wife and I couldn't be happier with our experience and definitely recommend The Bayside Inn & Marina to anyone looking for a getaway in the Bay Area! Next time I'm bringing my boat since they have slip access right outback of the hotel for a extremely reasonable rate!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bhenry97
Parrish, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

This vacation was one of the best I've ever had. The Bayside Inn and Marina was great from check in to check out. The person working at the front desk was very friendly and informative of local things to do and places to eat. The room was clean, pretty, and the beds were very comfortable. The kitchenette was very convenient for nights we didn't feel like going out to eat. It was also nice to be able to make a nice breakfast. The docks were really nice there. It would be a great location to bring a boat as all the slips are equipped with water and electric. The pool was refreshing and clean. The beach was conveniently located right across the street. Many things were within walking distance. The free beach taxi and trolly made it easy to get anywhere out of walking distance. I will definitely be coming back to this hotel as it was very "homey"

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple