I stayed here over Thanksgiving, as the resort in which I usually stay when visiting "home"was booked up. Having grown up in this area, I was familiar with its location, in an area of motels built in the 50's and 60's,near the "strip" on Treasure Island of stores, arcades, etc., and expected a nicely kept run of the mill place.The price was low for this area, so decided to try it. Pulling in I was like, yup. Kitchy old motel, check, nicely maintained check. I hauled my suit case up the steps and open the door...and went WHOA!
The place has been beautifully renovated with tile floors and classy, upscale looking furnishings. NICER than the furniture in a $200 per night Marriot in a recent stay elsewhere!! The bed was SOOO comfy too. It had a small, fully equipped kitchenette, which is great to have in an area where eating out every meal can get steep in a hurry. The pool and surround area is very clean, with nice landscaping, though noisy from the road (but in this stretch you hear cars on the beach across the street too). It is family owned and managed and the service was cheerful and super friendly. Aaron, the manager is responsive to guests concerns and always has a smile for you.
This may be nit-picky, but the reason I did not rate as excellent- no in room hair dryer, lounge chairs at pool are hard plastic and look like made to have pads, parking limited.
Overall this is a great little gem of a place that I will recommend to friends and family who visit my family in this area... just tell them to pack a hair dryer and thick beach towel. Although, from what I saw and heard from how Aaron runs the place, they'll probably have them by next visit. :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bayside Inn & Marina is a beautiful Boutique Inn features newly remodeled suites with separate living area, a deep water 15 slip marina with water and electric, outdoor deck and barbecue area and pool. Each suite is very large and spacious with all the amenities you expect from a luxury vacation resort! The perfect location only steps from the Gulf of Mexico, Sunset Beach, Saint Petersburg and Tampa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your The Bayside Inn & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bayside Inn & Marina Hotel Treasure Island
- The Bayside Inn And Marina