“Very Nice Experience”

Tiramisu Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Tequesta
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 40
Description: Tiramisù Ristorante Italiano is Tequesta's newest gem for an authentic Italian dinner served by a friendly and knowledgeable team. In addition to our regular dinner menu, we have a menu of Specials that features dishes such as a Whole Branzino, a Rack of Lamb with Wild Mushrooms and Black Truffle, or the Veal Chop with a Dijon Mustard Crust.
Reviewed 25 January 2018

this was our second time dining here... the food is excellent and it really is fine dining...service was attentive...it was the first time for our friends and they were equally pleased... will definitely return

Date of visit: January 2018
TiramisuTequesta, Owner at Tiramisu Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Thank you for sharing. We look forward to your return and appreciate you sharing the experience with your friends.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Living in South Florida (Jupiter), my wife and I tend to meet out of town, visiting friends for dinner with some regularity. Tiramisu dependably delivers an unpretentious, but 'elegant enough' atmosphere, wonderful service, a full menu of favorite dishes, very good wine and bar, etc. A bit pricier than many of the simpler restaurants in town, but the pricing is very fair! Just a block from Federal Highway #1 in Tequesta, Tiramisu has its own parking and valet for those who like. My wife loves their deserts... for good reason; this past Saturday we shared a large Napoleon that was so "just made -to die for!" We'll go back to Tiramisu again and again!

Date of visit: January 2018

Thank you for your review and for choosing Tiramisù as the place you like to share with friends!

Reviewed 4 January 2018

First timers with friends, we visited this week.
The after New Year timing meant it was not busy , pretty sparsely populated in fact ...which for us , is good!
Dimly lit the environ was still tired looking , and the old fashioned carpet and decor looks like it needs an upgrade....simple and not overly expensive if a cool lick of paint was applied .
Looks like the owners inherited maybe the previous decor and have done nothing with it...including artwork that bears no relation to Italy.

On to the food.......amazing! Great quality, great fresh ingredients cooked with pride and expertise. Price is highe end and service v friendly .
The fact that this neoghborhood gem has authentic Italian cooking( and I frequent Italy 4-5 times a year) is a credit !
I'll be telling my friends about the fab filleto Di manzo and my Mom loved her sole fillet ! The pasta looked a little too smothered with sauce, so more US than Italian tho, but my friend enjoyed it !
Deserts were very light and tasty ..unfortunately one of the choices was unavailable but plenty of there to chose from

Would love to return but fear price is a bit of an obstacle ...

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Hubby chose restaurant as a New Year's Eve special night out. Told me to look at the reviews on Trip Advisor and the website menu. I thought the prices were on the pricey side but said it was a special night out. We came to a packed restaurant and were placed in the back room, so dark, so quiet, probably should have left then. Two other couples next to us and it was like a dirge. Liked that they had cloth tablecloths and napkins. Got the menu which was very limited and with prices increases on top of their normal high price. Really 14.95 for Caesar Salad? Anyway, we gave our order after waiting for 10 minutes and it took 15 minutes more to get our drink order, only after the owner came around and I said we have been W A I T I N G...the waiter came with half of my hubby's martini on the serving dish and no stuffed olives. I ordered Prosecco. Then had to wait for the owner to return with olives that were not stuffed. She seemed upset with the waiter who could barely speak English. We had a little bruschetta for each of us served about 20 minutes earlier as well as warm bread that had NO TASTE. The waiter brought our appetizers. Hubby liked his octopus but we just returned from Italy a few weeks ago and I said to compare all the times he had octopus and he said it was just okay. My caesar salad (which I had to pronounce in the Italian way... the waiter kept correcting the couples near us if they did not speak with an Italian accent and repeat the exact way it was named in the menu...hahaha, so poor). My salad was ridiculous, looked like it was straight from the salad bag with good dressing, some sliced parmesano reggiano slices and was ridiculously overpriced. Meanwhile, the lights kept going up and down since you could not see what you were eating, forget about reading the wine list. It's New Year's Eve and no music with just a few balloons on the ceiling. Anyway, I told hubby the waiter was hovering behind my hubby's chair and if he put the used utensils on our table we were leaving. Thankfully, he grabbed the dish, ran out of the room and bang! our main meal comes out. I ordered the lasagna and my husban ordered the fiilet of sole. He said it was just okay, not much flavor, taste, and it really did not look appetizing. When he saw my hunk of lasagna, he said that it looked disgraceful, a mess, sloppy. Well I never had such a MISERABLE lasagna in my life. I only tasted two of the mini meatballs, no other meat but the worst was the MUSHY lasagna noodles. Plus many of the noodles on the side and top were burned and overly crunchy. It was like they made a huge tray early in the day and just microwaved it and slopped some sauce on it. I ate it and said let's make the best of this meal and get outta here. We travel extensively in Europe and have to been to Italy many times. I just had the most incredibly delicious lasagna in Firenze. This was a DISGRACE. I have had better lasagna in a pizza parlor. I make fantastic lasagna. Still cannot believe how bad it was. Then the obsequious waiter charged us twice for my drink. No dessert or coffee. Left and WILL NEVER RETURN.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

My wife and I joined another couple last evening at Tiramisu Italiano. There are 3 fine eateries in Tequesta (Krave, Evo and Tiramisu). YOU WILL NOT GO WRONG with any of them. This was my 1st dining experience at Tiramisu BUT WILL NOT be my last.
We were offered a table in the bar area but decided to dine in the main dining room (there is live music in the bar area on weekend nights....tough to carry on a conversation in the bar area).
Nice ambiance , fine service. We were not rushed and our meal was paced well. All 4 of us really enjoyed our meals! I has an excellent "Fruit of the Sea" dish (Tutte Mare)...they serve it 3 ways (with a light tomato broth, with pasta or as a side). It was OUTSTANDING. My wife had fillet of sole and she also loved it.
The chef does a fine job taking common dishes and adding a "twist".
SAVE ROOM for their tiramisu...it was OUT OF THIS WORLD (they make it less "coffee flavor"). They give you a heaping [portion of home made whipped cream with strawberry to top off the tiramisu.
Prices are on the high side but WELL WORTH IT!.

Date of visit: December 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to your dining with us again.