“Yum, yum, yum!”
Review of Maxine's - CLOSED

Maxine's
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 27
Description: New American Comfort Food created in a Minimal waste kitchen. Clean fresh food made with locally sourced ingredients. Many vegan options. Outdoor patio seating. Pet friendly
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Was up in the Jupiter area today and had lunch at Maxine's. A real treat. I had a flatbread and a bowl of fries. The flatbread was fabulous and the fries (more like wedges) were amazing. I will definitely go back when I'm up that way. Check it out. I think next time I want the burger.

1  Thank mlankasky

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I’m not a big one for blogging about food and service. I just post an occasional review when the mood strikes. I have friends local to this area who swear by Maxine’s. It’s only been open for a minute, but has racked up some amazing reviews. Last Saturday would be be my 4th time dining here. It would be the first time that it was not a flawless experience. There was live music on the picturesque patio. Some acoustic guy who covered everything from Neil Young to Clapton. It was a lovely night out of doors. I was having an enjoyable time with friends and good beer, but where was my food? (My friends had arrived much earlier and had already had their meals with no apparent issue) The server was by often, to check on us and refill drinks. Apologies were made about the lengthy cook time. I looked around, and there were other tables who seemed to be in similar circumstances. When I got my dinner, it was ok, but a bit cold. I was content to eat it, but Maxine somehow finagled me a hot and delicious double cheeseburger in minutes.
My takeaway is this: although it was not a smooth night at Maxine’s, the staff and owner seem to care a great deal about their guests. I got the impression that they were going through some sort of rough transitional growing pains. TBH, they seemed to be understaffed. The owner said they had lost some staff in the kitchen. The restaurant industry is not an easy one! My friends and I will be back. Though Maxine’s has hit some bumps, I’ve seen what they can do. They are here to stay.

1  Thank Dbeaudin59
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I brought my family to Maxine's on the recommendation of a few friends. I fell in love with the burger. It was cooked just right and tasty beyond compare. We had a few apps and a bowl of corn chowder that were awesome. The service was friendly and fast. My wife and I also had a tasty local beer, Noble Blue Ale. We'll be back...Thanks!!!

1  Thank tequestaguy
Reviewed 27 February 2018

This is a fairly new place in Tequesta. We decided to go there after friends asked us to go support this local eatery. Service was just OK, they all had good intentions but looked like they were overwhelmed. After a lenghty wait for our food, sloppy looking plates were delivered. My chicken was inundated with sauce, i guess to make up for dryness. We will give the one more try to see if they can get their act together. We just hope they can, they seem like nice people.

Date of visit: January 2018
2  Thank James B
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are foodies and will tell you to Go out of your way to get to MAXINES and try ANYTHING from the menu . Superb .

1  Thank gailfood