“Best Burger around!!!”
Review of Maxine's - CLOSED

Maxine's
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 27
Description: New American Comfort Food created in a Minimal waste kitchen. Clean fresh food made with locally sourced ingredients. Many vegan options. Outdoor patio seating. Pet friendly
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

I brought my family to Maxine's on the recommendation of a few friends. I fell in love with the burger. It was cooked just right and tasty beyond compare. We had a few apps and a bowl of corn chowder that were awesome. The service was friendly and fast. My wife and I also had a tasty local beer, Noble Blue Ale. We'll be back...Thanks!!!

1  Thank tequestaguy

Reviewed 27 February 2018

This is a fairly new place in Tequesta. We decided to go there after friends asked us to go support this local eatery. Service was just OK, they all had good intentions but looked like they were overwhelmed. After a lenghty wait for our food, sloppy looking plates were delivered. My chicken was inundated with sauce, i guess to make up for dryness. We will give the one more try to see if they can get their act together. We just hope they can, they seem like nice people.

2  Thank James B
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are foodies and will tell you to Go out of your way to get to MAXINES and try ANYTHING from the menu . Superb .

1  Thank gailfood
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Maxine's was a great surprise. It has a very warm ambience with indoor and outdoor seating. The outdoor area is surrounded by tropical vegetation. Even though it was a warm night there are a lot of fans to keep the air moving. Very pleasant. OK I'm getting to the food. Amazing menu. Not your typical boring stuff. There were so many tasty sounding items we had a hard time making up our minds. We tried the Buffalo Cauliflower and Gorgonzola fries for appetizers. Both very delicious. The Buffalo Cauliflower was just spicy enough for me (I like very high temp) but not too spicy for my wife. The fries would have been good on their own but with the gorgonzola sauce was excellent. We had to stop eating them because we wanted to try other items. So main course, the Double Cheese Burger, ok I know this sounds like a very typical menu item, but with havarti, bacon, crispy onion strings and remoulade...OH MY HEAD! I haven't had a burger like that in a long time. Sooooo juicy and tasty. We also had Roasted Chicken Thighs with orange jalapeño glaze. Very moist and savory with a sweet citrus twist. What can I say? This is my first review ever because I felt like I had to give it props. Can't wait to go back and try some of the other items.

1  Thank kwsanchez08
Reviewed 18 February 2018

We came to Maxine’s on the recommendation of a chef friend, who raved about the quality of the food served there. It is a new restaurant located next to Rocky’s Ace Hardware in Tequesta, and is really a nice place to relax and have a fresh, delicious meal, inside or on the patio. We have twice enjoyed the weekend brunch, especially the eggs benedict, in addition to all of the yummy appetizers. We happened to go there on a busy Saturday night when the kitchen had both of their order printers go off-line, and dropped several orders from patrons who ended up waiting along time, including us. The owner was very apologetic and offered to make up for the unusual waiting time, but I think some folks might have thought this is their normal operation. It was definitely a one-off, and the owner more than made up for it. This new restaurant is special and I still give it a five star rating.

1  Thank Rufusandstormy