“Delish and love this place ”
Review of Maxine's - CLOSED

Maxine's
Price range: US$ 16 - US$ 27
Description: New American Comfort Food created in a Minimal waste kitchen. Clean fresh food made with locally sourced ingredients. Many vegan options. Outdoor patio seating. Pet friendly
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are foodies and will tell you to Go out of your way to get to MAXINES and try ANYTHING from the menu . Superb .

1  Thank gailfood

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Maxine's was a great surprise. It has a very warm ambience with indoor and outdoor seating. The outdoor area is surrounded by tropical vegetation. Even though it was a warm night there are a lot of fans to keep the air moving. Very pleasant. OK I'm getting to the food. Amazing menu. Not your typical boring stuff. There were so many tasty sounding items we had a hard time making up our minds. We tried the Buffalo Cauliflower and Gorgonzola fries for appetizers. Both very delicious. The Buffalo Cauliflower was just spicy enough for me (I like very high temp) but not too spicy for my wife. The fries would have been good on their own but with the gorgonzola sauce was excellent. We had to stop eating them because we wanted to try other items. So main course, the Double Cheese Burger, ok I know this sounds like a very typical menu item, but with havarti, bacon, crispy onion strings and remoulade...OH MY HEAD! I haven't had a burger like that in a long time. Sooooo juicy and tasty. We also had Roasted Chicken Thighs with orange jalapeño glaze. Very moist and savory with a sweet citrus twist. What can I say? This is my first review ever because I felt like I had to give it props. Can't wait to go back and try some of the other items.

1  Thank kwsanchez08
Reviewed 18 February 2018

We came to Maxine’s on the recommendation of a chef friend, who raved about the quality of the food served there. It is a new restaurant located next to Rocky’s Ace Hardware in Tequesta, and is really a nice place to relax and have a fresh, delicious meal, inside or on the patio. We have twice enjoyed the weekend brunch, especially the eggs benedict, in addition to all of the yummy appetizers. We happened to go there on a busy Saturday night when the kitchen had both of their order printers go off-line, and dropped several orders from patrons who ended up waiting along time, including us. The owner was very apologetic and offered to make up for the unusual waiting time, but I think some folks might have thought this is their normal operation. It was definitely a one-off, and the owner more than made up for it. This new restaurant is special and I still give it a five star rating.

1  Thank Rufusandstormy
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Had dinner at Maxine's last night with my husband. This fairly new restaurant is unexpectedly tucked away in the Publix shopping center. Between 4-6 on Fridays was 1/2 price wine, so that was lovely. We shared 2 incredible appetizers; the eggplant bites and buffalo cauliflower. For our main course we shared a braised short rib, served with delicious polenta and veggies. Food was really delicious, reasonably priced and comfortable atmosphere. There were quite a few people at the bar and seated outside as well. I think next time we will try Saturday night when they have some live music. The delightful owner talks to everyone, the servers were all very sweet and they obviously have a wonderful chef. Would definitely recommend!!

1  Thank Readingandeating
Reviewed 14 February 2018

Wonderfully fresh, incredibly flavorful food. This restaurant was my favorite of all those we tried during my week’s vacation to Jupiter, FL. And the owner and professional waitstaff are delightfully welcoming. Comfortable outdoor dining area available and live music the evening we dined.

1  Thank JohnM11007