Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City
SpringHill Suites
US$ 95
US$ 81
Hotels.com
All reviewsybor cityfront deskthe breakfast areachoice hotelscruise portcruise packagepool areafree breakfastclose to downtowntampa arearooms were very cleanwould stay here againyogurtshuttle servicebusch gardensking roomthe hard rock casino
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Rooms were dated and in need of improvement. Hotel not in the best of neighborhoods. Disappointed management was not more proactive in controlling the younger guests accumulating in the hallways outside the rooms. We were still complaining at 1am. The layout of the hotel in two separate buildings made checking in and out very awkward. Breakfast area was crowded and needed more TLC. Overall, not a very happy experience

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is my 3rd review of this hotel in the past year. This time we stayed 5 days in April. This is a nice hotel at a good price. As other reviews state, the neighborhood is not great, but at no time have I ever felt unsafe here. Nice staff, good internet speed, great breakfast and nice rooms. As we all know, things break at times. Sunday night, the 1st floor ice machine was out of order, so I had to go to the 2nd floor. i thought, " Oh boy, its going to be broken all week". Not so! They fixed it first thing Monday morning - Kudos to the maintenance department!

I have a few "dings" from this stay, but nothing that will keep me from staying here on our next trip to Tampa:

1. This time, our room was in building #2, facing I-4. I-4 is a high traffic interstate. While the HVAC has a digital thermostat (good), it doesn't have a "fan on" setting, so the unit cuts off when the temperature is reached (bad). With no fan running, you can hear the traffic on I-4. We carry a Sound Machine for white noise while we sleep, so we were not affected.

2. They have a very nice pool in the center courtyard. One evening when I went to the ice machine, I heard loud music out there. I thought it was a live band at first. I went to inspect and decided it was just some teens playing a boom box too loud. However, the next night, I heard the same loud music. Come to find out, the hotel has speakers by the pool, so the hotel was the one playing the loud music. While perplexing, we couldn't her the music in our room, so it was no bother.

It is an easy 4-mile drive to Busch Gardens & Adventure Island, which was our primary destination. If you have time, don't miss St.Pete Beach (voted #1 beach by tripadvisor). Beautiful beach with tons of activities available!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank usc33
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The service at this hotel was terrible. When I arrived at 3:00 PM, not only were no rooms ready the lady at the front desk had no idea how long it would be before they would be ready. Shouldn't there be communication to know how long you are delaying guests after the standard check in time.Since I had a 4:30 appointment in downtown Tampa, time was critical. It ended up taking more than 1/2 hour to check in and fortunately I was able to get to Tampa in time. On checkout, I requested to speak to the manager who was nowhere to be found and who over a week later has not returned a call or responded to follow up email.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Bob D
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed here with my sister in February 2012. We chose this hotel because we were able to book it with reward points and were only staying in Tampa for one night before departing on a cruise.

When we checked in the front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. The room was clean and spacious with comfortable beds and pillows. The free continental breakfast was average - coffee, juice, bagels, cereal, waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, etc.

The hotel is in an area that isn't near by a whole lot. Though it is a close drive to shopping malls.

All in all it was a great stay for a free night - the Quality Inns generally are good value.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2012

the room was spaceous, clean and with a nice bathroom. breakfast was ok. staff was very helpful an friendly. hotel is very close to the highway. we stayed there for three nights and would always come back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple