1,674 results
All reviews shula's steakhouse office building rooftop pool panera bread mall across the street parking garage floor to ceiling windows pf changs four star business hotel self park close to the airport mini fridge front desk staff fitness center lobby area international plaza
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Very friendly, helpful and accommodating staff. I appreciate the Green Reward program, great initiative for the USA. Free parking.

Thank Lisa for your warm welcome and Jerald for a great breakfast service.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2018

From check-in to check-out, everything was a breeze. The rooms are excellent. Clean. Rooms also have robes which is cool. Pool on the 9th floor has great views and good music. They also provide a free shuttle to the airport.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 2 June 2018

The hotel is well located. 2 min walk from the Westshore Plaza mall. 30 min drive from St Petersburg beaches. Very friendly staff especially Leonard who was very helpful, kind, and professional. He never says no to a request.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I usually don't write reviews, but after staying at Westshore Grand for 3 nights, I felt so strongly to write a review that I just created an account here to write this review.

The room we live in has a door in the wall, which you can open and walk into the next room. This is not an uncommon design -- so that people can book two rooms next to each other and turn them into one big suite. What IS unusual for this hotel is that there's ZERO SOUND PROOFING due to the door. When people talk in next room, if you close your eyes, you'd think they are in the same room.

So the last night at the hotel, we went to bed early, planning to catch an early flight the following day. At 1:30am, we were suddenly woke up by loud laughters, talks, and TV sound. It's the guests in next room, there must have been at least 6,7 people, and they sounded drunk. Due to the non-existent sound proofing, it felt like a bunch people having party in our own room. We lied in bed for 20 minutes, hoping they'll finish on their own but they didn't. So I called the front desk, they sent a security up stairs. The guests in next room became quiet, then we fell asleep.

Then at approximately 2:30am in the morning, the party next door suddenly began again, with loud talks, laughters, TV sound. We called front desk again. They sent security again, but this time it didn't help at all. I called again, and the manager on duty named Natasha said "there's nothing we can do, people have the right to talk". I was astonished by this kind of attitude. I said: "yes people have right to talk, only if your hotel have proper sound proofing, now it's 3am, and when they talk it's like talking in my own room. I can hear every single word they talk. If you won't do anything, should I go talk to them myself?". She said: "there's nothing that stops from talking to them". Obviously, I wasn't going to confront a bunch of possibly drunk strangers 3am at night with my family in the room. Then the following conversation happened:
She: "if you want, we are happy to send you a white noise machine".
Me: "thanks, I don't need more noise"
Me: "If you can't make decision, please connect me to your supervisor"
She: "I am the supervisor on duty"
Me: "In this case, please give me your name, I'll file a complaint later"
She: "I don't feel comfortable giving you my name"
Me: "I am your customer, you are the supervisor on duty, I have the right to know your name"
She: "Fine, my name is Natasha, my supervisor is Zenobia, her supervisor is Arbernita, feel free to talk to them in the morning"
And then the loud noise lasted till almost 4am and hotel staff didn't do anything.

I lived in many hotels, some had their share of issues, but this is the first one that is so bad that I decided to write a review.

Room Tip: avoid the hotel, there are plenty of good ones
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank pysunn
Teyja P, Guest Relations Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an informative review. We will absolutely be discussing some of the points of concern with our staff. We are truly sorry and disappointed to hear about the perception you are left with about our staff and
accommodations. Our hotel can be very lively and energetic, and we regret that the noise disturbed you. We do have rooms that are in quieter locations in the hotel and are always happy to move or assign such a room for a guest who requests one. Our goal is to always provide great service that will make you want to return again and again. We hope that you will give us another try and let us prove this to you during your next trip to Tampa.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Very friendly staff; nicely appointed rooms; again, the bed is comparable to Four Seasons or St. Regis; great food and waitstaff; friendly bartenders. Location is convenient to airport and downtown (and shopping/restaurants). Small drawback is the adjoining office building. Some rooms look out onto the offices/lobby.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business