The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa
Ranked #35 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 August 2017

My husband and I have stayed in many hotels, and this is absolutely the nicest, cleanest one we have ever stayed at. The fixtures, decorating, and linens were high end, the people were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was wonderful; need I say more??? The only thing we were disappointed about was that internet access was not included in the price of the room, you had to pay extra; I believe $13.95, which is not alot, but a luxurious hotel like this should, I feel include this with the room. Other than that, it was perfect. We felt like royalty!

Room Tip: Ours overlooked the gorgeous plant-filled atrium. Not sure, but I believe all of them did.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa

Reviewed 7 August 2017

The hotel is always very clean. Cleanliness is the number one issue I have with most hotels and this is never an issue at The Westshore Grand. This is my favorite hotel in Tampa. Never had a bad stay and will continue to stay here.

Room Tip: Free parking, but a little hard to find. It's behind the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2017

I’m not sure why so many people have a problem with this hotel. Valet parking is $20 per night and there is free self parking in the attached garage. That right there is awesome! The lobby was very nice as well as the front desk staff. I thought the renovations were very nice. The hallways were quiet and clean. As for my room, it smelled good, was very clean, and a nice size.

While I didn’t have a problem with the water pressure or the water temperature, my shower would turn off to bath mode every minute or so (Room 1030). Not a deal breaker, but kind of annoying. If I was staying any more than two nights, I would have changed rooms.

This location is also good. You are close to the highways and you can get anything you would need within a 10 minute drive.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2017

The property is nice. I'd say there should be a little bit more signage about where to park and how to get to the lobby from the garage, but I had stayed there previously so I knew the routine, fortunately. The hotel does have a "grand" feel to it, great atrium, nice restaurant and bar. Very clean property, the staff was amazing. My only gripe is not so much the thin walls, that's every hotel, it is the fact that they kept putting families with children into the adjoining room to me. I'm not sure what it was, but these kids were just incredibly loud and it wasn't even the same family every night. I would suggest that when they are making room arrangements, and they see a room registered to 1 adult during the week (presumably for business) they don't stick them in the room next to the one with multiple children. It wasn't enough to make me ask for a better room or call the front desk as I am by nature a night owl anyway, but I think this is correctable for others.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2017

This a beautiful hotel, been recently renovated, stayed here many times in the past under a diff. Hotel name. She s always been a grand lady. But sadly to say,I just stayed there on July 14&15 th. The clientele that once was, is no longer. Loud music in the rooms . Next door to my room were 7 to 8 young ladies ,in one room.partying, like it was 1999. The front desk people refused to do anything about it. Tried to get a refund. But that wasn't t going to happen they said. So needless to say I had to grin and bare it all weekend. You might want to pass this once grand lady of a hotel on bye.

Room Tip: Hope you get lucky
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blackejack1
James H, Manager at The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear blackejack1,

First and foremost, we are sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your overall stay with us at the Westshore Grandand would like to apologize for not fully exceeding your expectations. We always do our best to ensure each and every one of our guests are provided with a clean and quiet room where you are able to fully relax and enjoy your stay. We do regret to hear that we were not able to provide this to you during your most recent stay. We absolutely do not want you to lose your faith in our property and truly hope that we have a chance to redeem ourselves on your next visit to Tampa Bay. If we do have such an opportunity, we encourage you to speak with the Manager on Duty upon arrival so that we can provide you with the product you so deserve. Thank you for you feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Travellers also viewed these Tampa hotels
0.8 km away
4.8 km away
Westin Tampa Bay
Westin Tampa Bay
#45 of 163 in Tampa

Been to The Westshore Grand, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Tampa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK