Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport
Sailport Waterfront Suites(Tampa)
US$ 185
US$ 168
1,582 results
All reviewsroyal orchidroom was cleanhurricanefloridaport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We stayed at the hotel before we went on a cruise and left our car there while we were out for a week. This hotel has a fantastic cruise package, great room, and transportation to and from the cruise port. There was a difference of price on the package and Wayne explained it to me and made everything just great.

If your parking a car in Tampa for a cruise or just want a great room, this is the hotel to be looked at, it was a great stay and park that was refreshing for the price.

Room Tip: None, it all seemed good from talking to others.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank sams4thelord
Reviewed 14 October 2011

It was cheap, but even for $53 you should be able to expect a better looking bathroom than this. The room was OK, but as other travelers have mentioned the carpets need replacing (wear socks!!) and the standard rooms at least are desperately in need of refurbishment. On the plus side, the Hurricane grill downstairs is excellent, terrific wings with loads of flavors, and friendly waitstaff, even in busy times. Free continental breakfast slightly better than expected, at least they had fresh fruit. But I really couldn't recommend the hotel other than for an emergency one-night stopover when other options are exhausted. The hotel's website makes it look classier than it is - it's lipstick on a pig.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking interior courtyard are noisiest - sound is trapped and amplified by buildings.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel in September. The office staff was very nice and helpful. Our room wasn't ready when we got there so they directed us to the nearest mall so we could pass time.
When we arrived in our room it was tidy; however, after awhile of walking around the bottom of my feet were black. I ended up wearing my shoes the entire stay to avoid getting dirty.
When walking outside the rooms you have to be extremely careful, the air conditioners leak and leave a trail of water down the walkways. Twice I slipped and one of the times I nearly fell flat on my face, but my husband caught me. Ended up with a bruised toe.
The breakfast in the morning is pretty decent. Better than most continental breakfasts I've had at other hotels.

Overall for the money it's a decent place for a short stay, but if you're looking for something a bit nicer spend the extra money and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly T
Reviewed 6 October 2011

I stayed there on night at the end of September for business. The hotel is in a good location, clean and comfortable. The bar/restaurant down stairs is indoor/outdoor, great food, friendly staff and good service. Highly recomended for the product and value. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: inside rooms have more interior noise and less outside noise and outside rooms vice versa. rooms appear to be well insulated so either is fine.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank Wayne G
Reviewed 5 October 2011

The hotel has a nice lobby, great restaurant and very friendly staff. The rooms were adequate however there was a smell of mildew in our room. The cause could have been recent storms/flooding or to the puddles that were outside of our door both when we checked in and when we checked out. The staff was great and the hotel was conveniently located near the airport.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CareInn
BobFalk, General Manager at Ramada Westshore Tampa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Thank you for your kind response while here at the Ramada Westshore Tampa. During the time you were here as our guest it rained daily and in fact we even experienced some minor flooding in the area. Things every where were damp and had the musty smell, but I can assure you there is no mildew in any of our rooms. It was just during that rainy time that you were here.

Now that the sun is shining again on a regluar basis things are much different, please come back and stay with us again when in the area.

Bob Falk