“Very nice staff, Clean, Nice Amenities”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens
Ranked #29 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Pennsylvania
“Very nice staff, Clean, Nice Amenities”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

A very nice Embassy Suites with a very friendly staff. With the cost of the room, you get breakfast (including an omelet station) AND every evening at 5:30 there are free snacks and drinks at the "manager's reception". Where else can you get a "free happy hour"?

Self-parking is free. Wireless in your room is $9.95. The hotel shuttle will take you within a 5-mile radius of the hotel. You will need to take a taxi to and from the Tampa Airport, which will run you about $42 (ONE-way, not including tip).

The hotel appears to be very family friendly; and it includes a small gift shop where you can purchase a limited number of toiletries, snacks, magazines and small gifts.

One of the friendliest, accommodating hotels we've experienced.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear ShebaM123,
Thank You for taking the time to comment on your stay at my hotel. I am pleased that the staff were friendly and you enjoyed the amenities we offer. I hope on your next trip to Tampa you stay with us again.
Larry Cooper
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Because of its proximity to the Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, and because I had an early appointment at Moffitt the following morning, hubby and I decided to stay in Tampa and, as usual, picked our favorite hotel brand. This hotel, and its management, didn't let us down... not even a little.

First, they were good enough to give me a "medical rate" which helped a lot. Second, they've done a lovely job with the atrium. The furnishings throughout (including our room) are fresh and comfy. This place is nicely kept.

We were hungry early, so went to the onsite hotel at around 4:00. The ambiance was great, the service was friendly and quick, and the food was everything we hoped for. We meandered toward our room for an early night just as the Manager's Reception was starting: a nice variety of snacks, and no limits or costs on drinks.

Because I'd be spending much of the next morning waiting for several hours between appointments, we asked for a late checkout, which turned out to be fine. That gave us a chance to see the doctor early, then return to the room for needed "normalcy". Because the health issues at stake were scary, it helped to have the time and a comfortable space to call our own for awhile.

We left the hotel at 1:00, heading back to the hospital and in so doing we forgot our laptop charger. We realized it was missing after we'd gotten home. A quick phone call to see if it had made its way to the "lost-and-found" and yes, it had. Since I had to be at Moffitt again the following noon, I dropped by to pick up the charger and yet again, noticed how comforting a really good Embassy Suites can be.

Room Tip: Rooms that face Fowler Avenue will hear the white noise of the traffic pretty much all night long. I...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Robinstamm,
Thank You for the nice comments about your stay at my hotel and glad we assisted in returning your charger. I was pleased that you were able to relax during a difficult time and the hotel assist in making your visit comfortable. I hope the next time your in Tampa you choose to stay with us again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We won this hotel as a bid on Price-Line, we were going to visit Adventure Island and Busch Gardens. It was awesome. It was about 2 blocks from the parks which was great, it was very easy to drive to. It is about 15 minutes from the airport and about 30 minutes from Clearwater Beach... and if your visiting FSU, it is right next door. We were there during "move in" weekend for FSU and the hotel was packed but it never felt as if they could not accomodate anything we asked for. The only down side was we could not check in early (our flight got in at 9am and we had to wait until 4pm to check in). Not a hugfe deal as we took a drive to Clear Water for some quality Beach time. After a long day at the near by water park, we had no interest in going back out to get something to eat, but we didnt need to because they had a Pizza Hut Delivery that was made fresh in the hotel and very reasonably priced. We are Busch Gardens / Adventure Island season pass holders and we will definitly book here on our next visit to the parks,

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Agent Travel99,
Thank You for your positive comments about the hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location and service, I will pass this along to the staff. It is convenient to be next to USF and Busch Gardens then only a short drive to the beach. I hope on your next time to Tampa you choose to stay with us again.

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Spotlessly clean, quiet and with friendly staff from check-in to check-out, this hotel is a cut above all of the hotels in it's immediate area. We've stayed at the Hyatt nearby, La Quinta etc. and this is the only hotel near Busch Gardens that offers spacious suites, restaurant and bar on premises, free cocktails in the evening and a complete hot breakfast (with real food) included in the price of your room. We stayed at this hotel when we had to make a visit to the Moffitt Cancer Center and this hotel was a great comfort on a difficult trip. It is the only place we will stay when we need to go again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Iwsara,
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay during difficult times. I will pass your comments along to the staff especially to housekeeping your comments about the cleanliness. I hope the next time in Tampa you stay with us.

West Lafayette
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We went while we were visiting Busch Gardens-only a mile from the park, Very clean, very nice. Thought I had wi-fi in my room but no, you have to go to the lobby if you want it for free. If you want it in your room you have to pay $10. The front desk person was great, I tried to connect while in the lobby and there was an issue so she gave me a 24 hr password and it also worked in my room which was very nice. Apprecieated! They also have the manager's reception which is free drinks from 7-8 pm. Staff very friendly and our room was a tiny bit older looking (tile in bathroom had some wear) but extrememly clean and I expect perfection in cleanliness.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rsvkav
coopl3usf, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa-USF/Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Rsvkav,
Thank You for your commments concerning the hotel. I hope you enjoyed Busch Gardens while here. I was pleased to read of your positive comments concerning the hotel service and cleanliness and will research why the internet didn't work in the lobby, but was glad that the front desk corrected this for you. I hope the next time to Tampa you choose to stay with us again.