“Small but excellent menu choices ”
Review of Cafe Dufrain

Cafe Dufrain
Ranked #100 of 2,732 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 27
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe, Fusion, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe Dufrain is an award-winning, family-owned and operated waterfront restaurant. Established in 2003, Cafe Dufrain is known for its unique style, modern American seasonal cuisine, and diverse wine and craft beer selections. The restaurant and educated service team offer a relaxed and comforting dining room, full contemporary bar and package liquor available all while overlooking downtown Tampa’s scenic views. Walking distance from the Tampa Convention Center, Tampa Marriott Waterside, Embassy Suites Downtown and Westin Harbour Island. Pirate Water Taxi stop #4.
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Great tasting choices, visited as a local resident at least 4x last 3 months. Menu could offer a few more choices but what’s there is very well presented and different than other choices around the island. Excellent outdoor seating, wish the wait staff were a bit more attentive but it kinda match3 the water laid back view.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Lunchtime salads are very overpriced.

The food is tasty and the service is good. I ordered the cobb salad (see picture) and it was delicious.

But, because of the price, I likely won’t return.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

The positives? Great location, good service, decent wine selection.

My friend ordered a salad with salmon, which she was pleased but not impressed with. I ordered a veggie stir fry, for which the only protein options were meat. I asked for tofu and was told that was not possible, but that she could do "double veggies." My order was disappointingly TINY. As in almost appetizer sized - for $17. And the so-called double veggies were sparse. Even my friend commented on it before I did. I could accept that if the flavor was outstanding but it was mediocre at best. I got about $2 worth of rice and veggies for $17.

This is a restaurant that takes full advantage of their location, not worrying about quality. I recommend you choose elsewhere.

1  Thank kevin_from_AKandCO
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We live on harbour island. Its very local, great views. But, tired menu, little variation, over priced

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I had a group of 25 for informal business dinner and we had a great time! The service staff were amazing, and I was very impressed with the quality of food and how it all came out on time and hot and so fresh! Cathy, event manager, is so easy to work with; she really helped me make this a great time. It’s a neighborhood place and we felt like we were locals not out-of-towners. I wanted to go back myself or with a foursome but ran out of time. You’ll enjoy yourself with great fresh tasting food, very good wine list and great staff. Wish they were in my neighborhood!! Thanks Cathy, your manager, your outstanding service staff and hats off to the Kitchen!!!

Been to Cafe Dufrain? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK