“The Banana Split was quite good.”
Review of Twistee Treat

Twistee Treat
Ranked #21 of 67 Dessert in Tampa
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Fast food places at this location have come and gone, including a highly popular hamburger place. They don't do well here because it is awkwardly located with a poor traffic pattern, on a very busy street.

However, in defiance of these problems, Twistee Treat (soft serve ice cream) seems to be doing very well. Located within a half a mile of three different churches, there seems to be a consistent, well dressed "after church" crowd on Sundays.

Even on cold days (cold for Florida) you will see people sitting on the metal outside benches eating ice cream.

For my visit this time I selected the Banana Split. Since it is soft serve ice cream it is somewhat different from the classic split, but the three flavors, topped with whipped cream and three cherries, is a real treat. Rapid melting can sometimes be a problem with soft serve ice cream. This split holds up well, and is contained in a styrofoam tray which contains it well.

It is well worth your time to visit.

Oh, yes. If you have a dog with you, ask for the free puppy treat.

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Family stopped for an ice cream fix, but wanted to be quick. Drive thru was fast and the service was nice. Always a kid pleaser.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Twisted treat is close to my place and I occasionally visit when I crave a nice ice cream cone that is a flavor other than vanilla. There are plenty of options that would strike any ice cream lovers fancy at a good price. It's very popular on Friday and Saturday nights, but the wait isn't very long. Check it out and I don't believe you will be disappointed : )

Reviewed 11 December 2016

Normally, I have a good experience at this location. Tonight changed my mind on how I feel about this place. I ordered in the drive-thru and then drove up to the window, where I encountered "Raichel R." I provided her my credit card as payment for the three items I ordered. She then disappeared with my card for what I thought was an unnecessarily extended amount of time. When she returned with my card, she provided it to me sans receipt. I then asked her if there was a problem with my card. She almost seemed startled by my question but then told me there was no problem with the card. I asked her where my receipt was. She then stated, "Oh, you want a receipt?" Yes, especially since she left with my card for an extended amount of time. This did not make me happy with how long she retained my credit card for. Someone else then provided me with two of the three things I ordered. I was still sitting in the drive-thru when "Raichel R" returned and asked me, "Was there something else?" I had to remind her of the third and final item. She then had to ask me what it was again. I had to repeat it to her and she still made it incorrectly.
On a side note, the car in front of me had a very large dog in the back seat with the window rolled down. She provided it a ice-cream in a small cup, which it then licked all over and made a sloppy mess of her hands. As I was watching this, I was thinking of how disgusting and unsanitary it was.
For the owner, my order number on my receipt was 10359363. I'm not sure if I will be returning anytime soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Soft ice cream so rich and flavorful that people will sit outside in the August heat for it! And you have to eat it fast, before it melts in that heat ... which is no problem because: that good!

Been to Twistee Treat? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK