“Paradise SUNSET & Feng Shiu”

The Sail Pavilion on the Riverwalk
Ranked #4 of 102 Nightlife in Tampa
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

THIS IS THE SPOT FOR PEACE LOVE AND HAPPINESS. People watching, dog watching, beautiful sunsets, and an excellent experience all around. SYDNEY our waitress was attentive friendly helpful accommodating and a pleasure to work with. She is an excellent employee and brings good rep to this restaurant. We really enjoyed the trivia night when we were there and loved watching people after work relaxing exercising and just being happy watching the beautiful sunset over the river.
Shout out to Dan Reifenburg the Mgr who stopped by and helped us out with a menu item that wasn't quite what we expected.
The JaiLai beer cheese dip and soft pretzels, and the fish dip were fantastic, grilled chicken sandwich hit the spot!

All reviews
"convention center"
in 6 reviews
"outdoor bar"
in 3 reviews
"great view of the water"
"beer was cold"
"pets"
"vendors"
"boats"

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

PROS:
– wonderful, breezy location
– friendly staff
– casual, laid back waiting

CONS:
– terrible place to go if you actually want to eat food for which you placed an order

I write this review from a shaded, indoor table at a separate location, having just left not too long ago because I am going to literally pass out if I don’t eat something, and The Sail seemed intent on seeing me unconscious.

Judging by my journal, I placed my order just slightly earlier than 1:58 PM, after finding an open table for myself, with my 3 month daughter stirring in her stroller beside me. I understood this to be the lunch hour, and expected a bit of a wait, so I was in no rush to start. I was attentively seen to by a waitress, who cordially took my order and I saw to writing a bit in my travelogue, which proved to be crucial in me decision to find a place which might actually serve me food.

I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich and water, and after jotting it down, the waitress left and I began to write my thoughts. I finished my entry – not a brief rumination – and looked around to find that about twenty minutes had passed. Okay, no problem, they’re busy. About five minutes later, the waitress returned with the condiment & napkin tray, along with the water I ordered at the start, and I took this to mean my order was imminently arriving. Perhaps I should have gauged the time it took for my water to arrive as an omen for the rest of the food.

Around ten minutes later, having piddled on my phone, I saw my waitress and made eye contact with her. I was about a half-hour in. She volunteered that it should not take much longer – the kitchen was busy because of the lunch rush. Okay, I get that. I begin to apply sunscreen, fearing to burn even in the cool Atlantic breeze wafting off the Waterwalk. I begin to read a story, as clients up and leave, a new wave of diners replace them, and yet there I sit with a selectively fussy baby, trying to calm her and keep her appropriately cool and warm, as needed.

I get much further along in the journal than I expected to. Fifty-five minutes have passed. I can’t even get eye contact from staff any longer. I begin to pack up my things, don my coat again, and yet, even though a full hour has passed, and I am preparing to leave, nothing induces the arrival of my lunch.

I have since left and ate elsewhere. I wonder if my order has been made, or if it even made it back to the grill.

I am generally patient, as the dad of an infant. But waiting over an hour for a chicken sandwich for one, only to not receive it, is inexcusable.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Excellent service and friendly staff -- We had lunch and a few drinks here before and after going on the Tampa Bay Dolphin Boat tour -- Sara was our server she was super friendly!

This felt like a vacation. Will come back again.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Only entertaining and fun spot on the Riverwalk. Bar is the central gazebo so to speak, with everything to offer. Lttle stage for bands to perform and area for people to dance or sit and drink. Food trucks around the area. Nice corner location in downtown with great views of the rivers and nice yachts tied up nearby. Public restrooms on-site. I liked this spot, rest of Riverwalk was really lacking though