Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Still going strong

Came here randomly on a Tuesday for the first time in probably 6 years or more. Nothing had... read more

Reviewed 20 May 2018

from US$ 28.00
from US$ 99.99
from US$ 29.99
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 August 2015

The place was full for taco Tuesday. The music was playing. The food was good and my waitress Emily was beautiful and very nice. The only problem was that they could not keep the taco bar with enough food. The lines were long and people frustrated that there wasn't enough food.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed 31 July 2015

I love the nights in Hyde Park Cafe. Great place, 3 different spots and convenient prices. However, it can be really crowded some nights.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed 3 June 2015

If you are looking for dancing and a good time definitely is the place to go. There are many options to what you want to listen to and can please a group of people with different music taste!

Date of experience: September 2014
Reviewed 6 April 2015

If you're just looking for an average bar, I wouldn't recommend this place. Definitely appeals to a higher level clientele that would appear to be primarily local in nature. Not a great scene unless you fit into this grouping.

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Mental.

Great place to dance the night away with friends or a significant other. Located on what is now, a fairly empty, one way street heading straight into the heart of downtown Tampa (this is about a mile or two away from the city centre), this is a well run nightclub, and has been for years. There are three unique styles/vibes in this club upon entering. When you enter you head into a swanky courtyard with two outside bars, and another in a corner under a canopy. There are very plush couches and seats around, and bottle service naturally (still don't understand the need to spend $300 on a $15 bottle of booze, but oh well, if you have it I suppose).

There are two other rooms; there is a medium sized 'club' room, with a resident Dj and they play your everyday rap/hip hop/top 40/pop, and I am not a fan whatsoever. There are bigger bathrooms in here, and one of I think literally only five urinals (including a two urinal, one in one out toilet on the other side as you walk in, to the left). Besides going to the bathroom in this big room I have absolutely no reason to go in here, unless they have a special Dj/concert going on. Not for me.

Now.

My room.

I love, love, love the house music room they have here. It is THE ONLY reason I go. I love my funky, soulful, deep, minimal, house music, and between Coro, Jask, and whoever else they have up there, they really do it right. I feel like this room is so very out of place for being in Tampa, as Tampa is one of the least hip, music-orientated (especially electronic/house/club scene--although not always was the case), cities in all of Florida/S.East U.S.A.

They took care of me for my birthday, had drink specials all night, AND women drink free til midnight!

My friend, my gf and I danced all night long, got mega drunk, and had the time of our lives.

Was nice to visit after so long.

Date of experience: November 2013