“OK”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Reviewed 18 December 2016

went to chilli's on a lunch date... restaurant was clean and quite not alot of ppl there. They have made a few changes to there menu i had the triple dipper what i always get and my friend had the new southern grill sausage and chicken breast with dill pickle and side of fries... everything was good the chicken breast needed to be seasoned so that it could have had a little more flavor to it our server was new but he was very detail in his work.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

Was in town for business, and came here twice. First to take my team to lunch. Second, on the last night of my visit, alone.

Both times the meals were good, and the service good. Chili's is my-to restaurant, and this place did not disappoint.

Reviewed 15 April 2016

My husband and I went to the New Tampa location for a quick dinner. Due to the heavy pollen in the area we both had headaches and just wanted a quick bite and figured that fajitas would be good. We walked into the bar area and the TV was so loud the sound was bouncing off the walls. We sat in a booth and there was a family in the one next to us. Their server came over and started whooping it up with the kid at that table. It was very loud and offensive so I turned around and asked her if she could tone it down. Her answer was she is half Italian and half Dominican that her loudness is what you get, so live with it. I should have walked out then. We got our food but the table behind us started to shout and sing songs with the kid of 3. We sat and sat no service or servers in sight and we had to listen to the mother egging on the kid to sing louder. The father finally got up and went to the bar and paid up and as they were leaving, the mother came to our with fists in the air and as she lunged at me she said this is what I deserve for hating 3 yr olds. Luckily, the husband grabbed her from behind. I asked for a manager...no dice there. We were there 2 hours for a bite. As we left we looked into the kitchen area and the wait staff were all there with their backs to the kitchen gabbing away. The food was edible but nothing special and certainly nothing I would want to go back for. Thank God I wasn't punched out. I am punching out of going there again for sure.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

Service was fast and friendly. Sat at the bar area and was very pleased with the menu change. Food came out fast and order was spot on! That is all a guy can ask for

Reviewed 20 December 2015

Been going to Chili's for years now with the family. The kids crave chips and salsa every once in a while, and there is no other place better. The menu is a trimmed-down version of a tex-mex, but add a margarita or two and you've just upgraded a relatively inexpensive sit-down dinner, to a great date place. The sports bar section is always a hit for a quick lunch or weekend lunch on the go during errants or after kids' sports. Overall the experience is what you expect from a chain restaurant. But I do have a story to share about this particular restaurant in New Tampa. My daughter forgot her phone there one night and realized it after we got home. I called the restaurant and the hostess tracked down our waiter to ask if he had seen it. Not only had he seen it, but he actually had tried to catch us on our way out. He had it in hand with a smile when we got back to get it. I did try to tip him (most likely a college kid) and he refused. All 3 times. He put it toward good karma, and I appreciated it greatly. Of course I made sure to call the manager back and offer my recommendation to do his best to keep that waiter around - that was one honest kid, and it did reflect favorably on my impression of this restaurant that we've been going to as a family for years!

Been to Chili's Grill & Bar New Tampa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK