“Its hard to beat for consistent quality and very lean meat!”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #759 of 2,637 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Sonny's BBQ of Tampa. Southern BBQ at its finest. Slow-smoking favorites like pulled pork, ribs, brisket since 1968.
Reviewed 15 April 2017

Great BBQ and decent prices!

Sonny's has been around for decades and remains one of the top places for LEAN barbeque meats. An old special, the Big Deal sandwich - meat of choice on garlic bread with a side and drink - remains a hugely popular meal for lunch or dinner. Their ribs come dry or wet, the beef brisket is very lean, chicken and pork are always tender. Not fancy, just comfortable and good.

Easy drive through menu as well!

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

First I'm disappointed to find out that all you can eat has been removed for sliced beef only. Next my son ordered a water and waitress brought him a coke and said it was free. Another waitress had to bring him a water. Ordered an appetizer and it came after we were about finished with our meal. I think there may have been something off with our waitress as she was just acting really odd. Lastly when it was time for the check she asked if ot would be one check or separate?? My son is 14... We left there speechless with what we encountered.

SonnysBBQ, Digital Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Thank you for bringin’ this to our attention, JoeLeo237. Please email social@SonnysBBQ.com with the details of your experience, along with your phone number and the location you were at. We would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Sonny's has always been our go to place for BBQ. Tonight is was very disappointing. Service was very slow. We waited for almost 10 minutes before our drink orders were taken. I ordered a beef brisket sandwich and my husband the beef brisket plate. The beef on both plates was more fat than meat and what meat there was, was very tough. The garlic bread and beans were good. I'm not sure we will return anytime soon.

SonnysBBQ, General Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

We’re very sorry to hear you were disappointed with your last visit. We’d like to try to make things better—please email Social@SonnysBBQ.com with the details, location, and you phone number so our CS team can reach out.

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

You can't go wrong with the food. They seemed to be having issues getting food out of the kitchen. When management takes your drink order they may understand the need for more help. I understand BBQ is slow cooked, but it doesn't need to be slow served.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

If you are looking for a place to get your order wrong every time you go then this is the place for you. I have given this place several chances, but I won't be anymore. Today, the food was so dry it was uneatable. Literally every time I have gone, my order has been wrong. As frustrating as this is, I am grateful that the employees there are working there and not in a hospital where they could kill someone with their negligence and lack of attention to detail. This is a building full of the most incompetent people I have ever seen. Food sucks. Service sucks. Stay far away.

Been to Sonny's BBQ? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK