“Good food and service ”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Historic Ybor
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We arrived about 1pm. The restaurant still had a nice lunch crowd.

Our server greeted us with a smile and checked on us a few times

There was a nice selection of appetizers, salad, pastas, sandwiches.

As we ordered both couples ordered the same meals.

We started with beef carpaccio. We all agreed the portion was very small for $11.00. Yes, it was thin slices of beef with some wild green salad. The plate could have used a little more flavor. It was not a memorable dish flavor wise. Presentation was appealing to the eyes.

The eggplant stack was not really a stack it was more of a roll. The eggplant was crunchy with just enough cheese. I needed more sauce which was brought right over. Both of us agreed this was a winner!!

The guys ordered the steak sandwich. The Cuban bread a crunchy adding to the sandwich. There was a good amount of rib eye on the sandwich. The beef was perfectly seasoned. great sandwich.

Try the garlic fries!!

2  Thank Denise H

Reviewed 18 November 2017

The dishes are awesome, sit upstairs if you can as the service is better than the mixed crowd downstairs. You definitely have to try the Lasagna, an old family recipe that is AMAZING.

2  Thank MikeandDiana0424
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

First of all the location and decor and building were amazing, loved the set up and architecture. But we were a couple on a date and they seated us right in the middle by the bar and I realized we could have asked for a different seat but I didn’t want to be ‘that’ person. Bread was great. We ordered the eggplant for the appetizer and it was awesome! The cheese on the inside was a little over powering but the red sauce was perfect! I ordered grouper and it was market price but I didn’t think it would be even more than the most expensive thing on menu so to my surprise it was $38( I know I should have asked). The taste was very fishy and kind of bland. I should have stuck with the red sauce dishes. However my husband ordered the chef’s special shrimp risotto and it was amazing! And only an $18 dollar entree so that was a pleasant surprise. Sorry I didn’t take any pictures. Definitely worth stopping in if you are in the area!

1  Thank maryL555
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Great Location in Ybor city...It captures all the essence of that place. After dinner took a nice evening taking in the boisterous scenes. The restaurant has a great vibe with seating indoor and outdoors. It is popular - with great service, decor and wonderful food. Try the crispy duck. It was delicious.

We went during happy hour and the entrees and pasta were half off from 4 -7 so it easy on the wallet too.

1  Thank mnaseer
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I first visited this restaurant earlier this year and went back again recently. It was still great. Ask about the specials and the happy hour deals. There's dining inside, outside, and at the bar. As far as dining in Ybor City goes, this place and the Columbia are head and shoulders above the rest.

1  Thank sjgatl

Been to Bernini Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK