“Wonderful food, great staff”
Review of Oystercatchers

Oystercatchers
Reserve with OpenTable
Oystercatchers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 2,418 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, View, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Courtney Campbell Cswy / SR 60/Exit Bayport Dr.
Detroit, Michigan
“Wonderful food, great staff”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Had a great mixed grill and wonderful desserts. My husband loved his key lime pie and my creme brulee was enough for 2 people. Yum!
Very friendly, attentive wait staff.

Visited February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Turkish first
England
“superb service”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We all know that american service can sometimes be over the top, but our waitress was fantastic, nothing was to much for her to do, as we were a large group who all ordered something different, she handled everything perfectly, the food was excelent, and price was very fair.

• Visited February 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Great Sunday Buffet Brunch”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We always enjoy heading here for Sunday brunch. The seafood selection is excellent- large shrimp, oysters, crab meat, and mussels. Made to order pasta bar with three different pastas each week. Nice cheese selection of bries, blues, etc. Bananas Foster and lots of great options for dessert. Nice view of the Bay from almost all tables. Our favorite in the Tampa area!!!

Austin, Texas
“oystercatchers”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The lamb schank was absolutely the best I have eaten anywhere. Our entire experience in this restaurant made good memories. It was our anniversary and a tap comes later to our door and here was champayne and strawberries. How could it get better than that. We rated this restaurant as #1 in our stay in Tampa. The staff, the food, the hotel (we stayed in one of the casita suites) was the best. Having coffee outside our door with the ocean in front of us was the topping on the cake.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Fresh food, worth the wait”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I ate at Oystercatchers tonight, a restaurant on the Grand Hyatt property, though I almost decided against it. My reservation was for 7:15, and because it was such as busy night, I had to wait quite a bit past that to be seated. Just when I made up my mind to try again the next night, I was seated at a lovely table overlooking the Bay.

Everyone who worked there was extremely nice, showing concern that I had to wait for so long, and the service in general was good (though, perhaps because I was alone, it did take about five minutes for someone to acknowledge me once I was seated). The waitstaff was friendly and knowledgeable about the dishes, and the food came out freshly prepared and in a timely manner.

I ordered the Gulf white shrimp, which came with polenta and green beans. The serving was well proportioned, and the tastes were nicely balanced. I liked how my dish was not weighed down with fancy sauces: just well-prepared shrimp. The menu states the origin of each fish, which was helpful to me. I'm in Florida, so I don't want something caught in Maine. The prices weren't unreasonable for fresh fish.

The hotel will provide a shuttle back to the main building, though I preferred the pleasant walk back. When I returned to my room, my phone rang. It was Oystercatchers calling to make sure everything went well with my meal. That kind of service doesn't happen every day.

Yes. You do need a reservation. And yes. You might have to wait even if you have one. But it's worth it.

Been to Oystercatchers? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK