“Great food and atmosphere ”

Mise En Place Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mise En Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 2,579 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$ 41 - US$ 80
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hyde Park Avenue
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate dinner for our anniversary and loved it. It was our first visit and the food and service was great.

My wife had the classic tasting menu with wine pairing and was not disappointed! I had the red snapper and scallops for dessert. We will definitive back!!!

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Some of us liked our meal but most of those who had fish entrees were a little disappointed. Not bad overall but we expected a little better.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

My husband and I went for a late-evening dinner with another couple. This was not our first experience here, but we had not visited for several years, so we looked forward to the creative gourmet cuisine we remembered. We were somewhat disappointed. The service was good, although the server seemed harried. (Probably was a long shift, but...)

We ordered two or three appetizer/small plates, and they are not kidding when they describe them as small. The pricey charcuterie appetizer came on a large (very cool) wooden platter, but the items were very small and placed far from each other, making it a rather sparse repast.

My husband's filet was good, but not outstanding. They did cook it to his request, though. I chose to go veggie and ordered the tofu with Herbs de Provence. It was completely un-memorable. The tofu was chewy, and the faro and vegetables were reasonably tasty, but dry and wanting some sort of broth or sauce.
A side of brussels sprouts was excellent.

There are other find dining establishments in the Tampa Bay area that provide better value than this; we will probably not seek out Mise En Place again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

We have been to this restaurant several times and each time it seems to slip. The value is just not there any more. The cornmeal oyster appitizer were "just OK" and $10 for three very small oysters. The food was nothing special at all and the service was perfunctory at best... professional with out any personalization and when I asked to describe two dishes I was considering she had to pick up the menu and just read it out to me... as if I had not already done that. There are better places in Tampa for the same money. Will mark this off our list.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I must preface this by saying that this is my favorite Tampa restaurant.The beet salad, soft shelled crab, and the lamb chop entre'e were all terrific. However, I had the venison and my husband had the duck. The other couple we were with had fish and lamb chops. Our duck and venison were mediocre at best as was dessert. The service was excellent as usual and I will return. I suppose anyplace can have an off night in the kitchen, but it made me sad.