“Great restaurant ”

Mise En Place Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mise En Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 2,706 Restaurants in Tampa
Price range: US$ 41 - US$ 80
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hyde Park Avenue
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

I ate here with three friends and had the Restaurant Week menu. It was awesome value with three courses with wine pairing for $45. The food was excellent, the service was good and they did plenty of vegetarian options. I'd definitely go again. My only very slightly negative were the seats were pretty uncomfortable.

1  Thank Tatumb

Reviewed 14 June 2017

When I went to Mise this past week with Melissa and tried to see what I ordered before, only to find out I never reviewed it, I should have slapped myself. Then, I should have found everyone who has given this less than 5 stars, and slapped you, too. Okay, places have bad nights, so I'll toss aside the 3 star or less reviews assuming you had a server who had a bad day, or a night they were short staffed, or a night the chef's beard ended up in your food by accident. Those things happen and are worthy of a poor review. But who are you people giving 4 star reviews? That means nothing bad happened, but you just didn't think this was one of the best restaurants in Tampa? You're nuts. N-V-T-S Nuts (quote: History of the World Part I).

I couldn't for the life of me tell you everything I have had here. It's been 3 or 4 times. I know I've gotten a duck item (their menu changes) once or twice, chicken or pork another time, and this time fish. I believe there was one time I was disappointed, but it was such a minor disappointment that it doesn't stand out. I know the duck has consistently been fantastic and the red snapper I got this time was freaking out of this world good. Maybe not Eddie V's seafood good, but that's like Tampa's best seafood and I can make room for two 5 star seafood dinners.

Their cocktails and wine list is also worth coming in for. Their old fashioned is great and I believe I have tried other whiskey cocktails of theirs that I've liked. Never been upset at a wine either me or Melissa has ordered.

Service is always on top of things. Meals take time, but its a nice restaurant, not an Applebees. I've always thought the service was great.

Also one of the most romantic restaurants in Tampa. The tables are crowded a bit, but I have never felt like I'm on top of another table (that would probably ruin their dinner) and have always felt like Melissa and I (or when we went with friends) were having a private conversation, just the 2 (or 4 or 6) of us. This is maybe the best date night restaurant in Tampa, though there are others and this is definitely not the only one.

I wish I remembered my other meals more so I could provide more specificity, but it had been a while since our last visit when we went last week. Needless to say, this is a 5 star restaurant on most any visit, and I would easily be able to forgive any night they dropped the ball.

Come here. It is worth the price and you won't regret it.

2  Thank tbow77
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Our first visit and not too disappointed. Our server, Mark was terrific and not responsible for some of the snaffus. A very long delay of almost an hour for first course. Mark apologized and we assured him that we were enjoying each other's company. It was my sister and her husband Anniversary and we did not want to put a damper on any part of the celebration. Most of us ordered the blitzed menu and it was a bit disappointing. The Amuse was awesome, first course crab salad equally awesome, asparagus & bean salad just ok, the steak was not so great, a bit chewey and the black rice pudding with lychees was terrible. I certainly feel like the chef is capable of so much better. We would definitely try again just because of the expertise of the Amuse and crab salad. Also, Mark delivered some other desserts to our table and it would have been difficult to tell which we like the best. Maybe the Cheesecake, or wait, maybe the Panna Cotta, or maybe the Pineapple Sherbert. Our overall takeaway and advice to chef is that the Blitzed Menu should be an over the top adventure.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The atmosphere is very, very nice. The greeting staff and wait staff very friendly and efficient. The food: My dish was magnificent Grilled Scallops with grilled vegetables on a bed of the most delicious polenta. My friends dish, was not as nice. They ordered a lunch salad, different kinds of greens, but the dressing was tasteless, that was a little bit of a disappointment when everything else was so nice. My dish warrants a visit back there to see what else we could try.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Went with friends the other night had 2 glasses of wine while waiting for the others to arrive. The bill was 28+. Should have got a bottle since I had another glass with the meal, the wine was alright buy definitely not worth the price. I had the lamb and the Caesar salad. The Caesar salad was half a head of romaine the biggest head of Romaine I have ever seen with dressing croutons and baked cheese, with 2 good sized anchovies. The lamb was tasty along with the cheese and grits and roasted vegetables but there needed to be more on the plate. The flourless chocolate cake with macadamia nut strusel was good a deep dark rich cake and crunchy topping where you tasted the nuts. Like I said the food was well presented and tasty but my bill Overall was more then $125, I ended up going to McDonald's about 4 hours later because I was hungry and that was all that was open. I probably would not go back again, there are too many other places in town where you can spend this much but leave feeling satisfied.

1  Thank A2345FUjohnl