All reviews downtown tampa crystal dining room historical hotel grilled octopus corner room modern amenities marble floors late checkout hotel bar room was large stayed here for one night amalie arena convention center mattresses iron fixtures riverwalk
Reviewed 28 May 2018

FREE parking--run in and see this spacious elegant hotel, a real palace! Go into the dining room, have a bite of lunch (very reasonable, good food). Stare at the ceilings and visit the bar! Don't miss the old five and dime KRESS building across the street either.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank karen l
Reviewed 21 May 2018

We stayed in the beginning of the month for a local concert event and we carefully selected our reservations for the weekend. We decided on the Floridan Palace and our room was very nice and clean-our stay was a pleasure.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 17 May 2018

We stay in Tampa several times a year and this hotel always pops up but it sounded too good to be true. We finally decided to book and were pleasantly surprised. The staff, were very nice and the rooms were over sized. They do charge for parking which is not included in the rate. We will come back again as it was very pleasant.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor and had a lovely view.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I stayed here this week since the hotels near the convention center were booked and my business meeting was near there. I knew this hotel was old but I was intrigued by that since I stay at mostly Marriott and Hilton Hotels. It is located just seven blocks frome the Amalie Arena and also the Convention Center. Check in was great and there was a very friendly young man at the reception desk. The room was huge with and equally large bathroom. Older decor that suited the hotel's character complete with wood work and heavy orate furniture. The mattresses appear to be new and are very firm with decent pillows. TV was a bit small (32" or 37") and attaced to a wall that was not directly in front of the beds so that was a bit awkward but usable. The room is silent! No corridor or exterior noises could be heard also my room was very clean and I am pretty particular.
The best part of the stay was the restaurant. I was overwhelmed by the quality of food, presentation and service all served up with apropriate vintage music (think the great standards) Sinatra, Bennett and other's. Salmon was done to perfection and the superr nice server graciously substituted more fresh daily delivered veggies in lieu of rice. Even if you do not stay at the hotel it is worth a visit to the restaurant!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2018

I loved this hotel! It is an old refurbished hotel in the heart of downtown Tampa. The staff was very kind and friendly. The bartender (Kelly) at the lobby bar was fun to talk to. The property is clean, and very well maintained. I loved our room. Sparsely furnished (no extra pillows or blankets, no fridge or microwave), but it did have a Kurig machine. The furniture was beautiful. The ONLY problem I had was the bed was so hard!! My husband loved it. He slept for 12 hours. I,on the other hand (I have hips) couldn't sleep at all. Kept tossing and turning. I even folded up a bath towel trying to provide some cushion, but it didn't help. I asked the front desk clerk if all of the beds were the same, he said they were. Too bad, because I would have liked to stay here again.Also, our room was on the 14th floor. Surprisingly, even 14 floors up you could still hear the traffic. We valet parked. There is only 3 car lengths to fit into when you want to pull up in front of the hotel. I had to drive around the block three times until someone left so I could fit in that space. Overall, great place, just wish the beds were softer!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple