All reviews downtown tampa crystal dining room historical hotel corner room grilled octopus modern amenities marble floors hotel bar room was large stayed here for one night amalie arena convention center mattresses iron fixtures riverwalk
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We visited Tampa for my grandmothers 90th birthday. We reserved 4 rooms at the Floridian. We were not disappointed. This hotel is absolutely beautiful! The pictures on the website don't do it justice. It is a great place for those who truly appreciate the historical value of a place. Don't stay here if you want new modern amenities, because it's not for you. I felt very safe in the area surrounding the hotel and the parking lot. ⭐️For those who aren't used to being in a city, all major cities have homeless people, and vacant buildings! We spent both nights we were there at The Sapphire Lounge, which was beautiful and the bar tender was wonderful. The restaurant on site was wonderful! It was in a class all its own. We were very impressed with the food, and even more with the prices. There is not breakfast at the hotel, but the staff was very helpful in directing us to close options. ⭐️Those that are looking for continental breakfast, stay at a chain, but you won't find the uniqueness there that this grand hotel has! We will definitely be back, and are looking very forward to our next stay at The Floridian!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

I don't know about you but I like the hotel room to be completely dark when the sun comes up in the A.m however here that is not the case. The decoration do make you feel like your in a palace but be prepared to not sleep in. Ok so after hearing a loud noise coming from the air condition all night then the light from the sun waking me up I was a little mad. However I thought a nice hot shower would wake me up...... after 20 minutes of running the water I was finally able to take a Luke warm shower..the sink stopper didn't work so I had take it out otherwise the sink would have over flown! Also make sure to say a prayer before stepping into the elevator it's a very old one!

Stayed: August 2016
1  Thank brandon8926
Reviewed 22 July 2016

We were on the 19th floor, so a decent view - of the courthouse. You can hear trains passing by, but generally the hotel did not seem busy ever.
The front desk was not that helpful for local information - fine for finding a small shop or breakfast place, but not for a good mall, place to buy specific things. The maid was much more forthcoming about where to go and where to get things. She was very nice and chatty :-)
The bar downstairs has good food - we ate there two nights as it is in the hotel and we were tired. They have some decent local ales and the seafood was fresh. The portions are huge though - we had trouble eating what we got :-)

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Sean M
Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

It was the year foods arrived in cute mason jars. It was the year Tampa Bay diners became comfortable uttering the word “charcuterie.” And it was the year that St. Petersburg started kicking Tamp

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

A very mixed bag but overall decent experience. A beautiful albeit aged hotel. Classic decor. Lovely room. Extremely reasonably priced. But there are issues. Primarily of cleanliness and upkeep. While my room was clean I could see evidence of stains on the tile floor and walls of bathroom. If you can see past issues like that it's great.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family