“Not to good”
Review of Tampa Buffet

Tampa Buffet
Ranked #1,715 of 2,706 Restaurants in Tampa
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Not to good. We went about three in the afternoon so that is a bad time for a buffet anyway but I will tell you one thing... this is the first time I have ever been to a Chinese buffet that had no items that were appetizing. Didn’t eat a lot.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Stopped in after regular supper hour, noticed lots of empty or near empty trays, dried food somewhat from sitting. Were there over a hour (4 in our group) Still no refills on the items. Told there were closing in a couple hours??? They did not want to cook any fresh items the last 2 hours open I assume, had to use leftovers, not a great place!

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Not lived in the area very long, about one year in total. We found this place within the first week. The food is not the best in town but all in all, this place is not bad for the price at all.

One of the biggest pluses got this place has always been the amazing reception that we got from the wonderful staff here, which was worth being a regular for. (At least once a week but sometimes take always too ) until this evening.

On arrival we were met by what looked like a ghetto queen, in tact with the attitude to match! After she dumped us at a table, and without even sitting down, she demanded to know what we wanted to drink. We gave her the order and walked over to the buffet.

Once we were loaded, and returned to the table with the food, Shanequa Ghetto, returned with the drinks. We asked her for cutlery to which she replied, kissing her teeth, that they were trying to “locate” some?!?!?

I mean what the heck does that mean? She went on to say”don’t worry we can give you plastic!?” I said I’m in a restaurant I do t want plastic lol

She then became abusive telling me she was “sorry I didn’t understand her” I told her English was my first language, and I understood what she had said but that I did not want to eat with a plastic fork!? Was that too hard for her to understand!?!

After five mins of her sucking her teeth at me, I asked to see a manager. No one came and neither did the forks, plastic or otherwise lol

I ended up getting up again and seeking her out. She decided to blank me so when I challenged her about her attitude, she literally got in my face clenching a plastic cup in her hand with the action on hitting me in the face with it! She was even more abusive by this point!

By now, it was time to leave. It was obvious that she was going to hit someone at some point, screaming her head off like a mad woman!

This one ghetto waitress has turned a great eating venue into a place you don’t want to go with your family. She should be working where her talents would be better revived like a men’s bar or massage parlor.

Message to the managers:

Please let me know when Miss Ghetto has been fired and we may come back. But there is no chance I would bring my family back at the risk of them being attacked by the waitress from hell!

Reviewed 9 May 2018

The food looked like it had been setting a bit and the hot pans were not really hot and the cold food pans were not very cold. Several tables were full of people, the place was nice and clean and staff was very friendly, but due to the tempature of the pans on the buffet we decided that it was not worth the risk.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I went at about 1:30 in the afternoon. Many items were unlabeled. I asked about some of the sushi with two of the servers who were in the vicinity of the sushi and neither could answer my question about the items on the sushi bar. The one said she would sent someone out. I waited with no avail. Noone ever came out to to help. Most items were barely warm. The lack of labeling and very mediocre quality of food makes this a first and last time. The steamed shrimp had a very fishy smell to it.

Been to Tampa Buffet? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK