“Famous name but little value”
Review of Carne Chophouse

Carne Chophouse
Ranked #136 of 2,567 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My friend convinced me to have dinner in this restaurant. As it was the one of the very few that looked encouraging and clean in that area of Ybor City, I went there. The floors were cracked and the tiles were removed from many places. It was crowded and very, very loud. The lady musician playing wasn't that good either and her taste of songs was terrible. The wooden chairs were very uncomfortable. The food was OK, but we had to wait long time to get it, then it was overcooked. I tried using the facilities, but there was a long line forming for it, men and women. Really not a pleasant experience, especially that the [prices were high for such food and service.

1  Thank Haitham G
Stone P, Manager at Carne Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Good morning Haitham.
My name is Stone Pilkenton and I'm the General Manager of Carne ChopHouse. I want to apologize for long wait on you food as well as your food being over cooked. Our building is a Historic Land Mark which doesn't allow us to do any modifications to it and I'm sorry you had a negative over view of my restaurant. Please except my sincere apology for your overall experience at my restaurant.
Best regards,
Stone Pilkenton

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good menu, food average to good. Prime rib and steak were done more than we liked, it sides good.
Salad awkward as menu items changed but not the menu.
Felt pressure to rush order and main came while still on salad. Waiter was constantly asking for our order so seems they work on turnover than atmosphere.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Gorgonzola salad was a huge bust. Lettuce and cheese with dressing. No tomatoes pecans Mine was not the only lunch menu item that was terrible I recommend stay away from this place and eat elsewhere.
Items not presented as advertised

Stone P, General Manager at Carne Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Good Afternoon. My name is Stone Pilkenton and I'm the General Manager for Carne ChopHouse. Please except my apology for your less than perfect at my restaurant. I've discussed your comment with my Chef to insure this issue doesn't happen in the future.
Best regards,
Stone

Reviewed 4 March 2018

I had lunch here on a Saturday. The Cuban sandwich was really tasty. The pork was full of flavour. I also enjoyed a couple of Martinis. They had some great Martini specials and also a fish and chips/prime rib special between 4 and 6pm. It was great to sit outside and watch the world of Ybor City pass bye.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Went with 4 friends on another friend's recommendation and definitely NOT disappointed. Three of us had prime rib and one had stuffed snapper at our waiter, James' advice. All were excellent! James aso suggested a wonderful Zinfandel wine for me and it was delicious! Kathy the manager stopped by a few times to check on us and we even got useful tips about cigars from her!
Prices very inviting!
James, our server, was the best and took care of our every need. He loves his job and it shows!
Thanks to both of them, and we will be back very soon!

Been to Carne Chophouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK