“Visit often”

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa
Ranked #28 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Have often visited casino and stayed at hotel. Hotel is very nice, large rooms, good AC, and nice bath.
Casino is smokey but they now have a non smoking room. Slots are tight especially Fall to end of year. Hard to win much anymore with all the penny slots. Every time we find a good machine that pays out some, that machine is replaced with a penny one. We miss the old Playboy, Alien and several other machines that actually paid something when you won.
A dollar machine ought to pay out more than $25 to $1,000 when you have a hit because a penny machine can make that in a Jackpot. Dollars ought to pay a lot more.
Overall, we enjoy going but wish they had some competition close by.

Room Tip: Not as smokey if you go in the morning before it gets crowded. Parking if fine, they added another...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank catlynn10
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thanks for your comments. Just yesterday an Orlando, FL resident won $114,861 on a 25-cent Wheel of Fortune machine by the center bar. Of course, the bigger the stakes, the bigger the jackpots. We hope you get lucky with us real soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

This was my first time here and I just loved it. The parking was not bad and the people movers were nice. Ate at the Fresh Harvest and the food was very good. Everything was just perfect. I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback! We strive to make every guest's experience the best it can be. Our team works hard and we're glad it shows!

Reviewed 2 September 2012

We did not stay in the hotel, but visited the casino. In compairison to Las Vegas, Atlantic City and other Indian casinos this one falls short. The number of tables available for each game is low. The casino floor is very smokey as they are obviously exempt from the FL clean air act. The Players Club rewards are minimal at best. The restaurants all very much over priced. This is also the first casino that I have ever been in that your drinks were not free. Although I left there on the winning side, I don't believe that I will return. If you have experienced the casinos in Las Vegas, you will be deeply disappointed with the Hard Rock Cafe Tampa.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Ji5mZ
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Stayed one night at the Seminole Hard Rock Tampa on 8/24/12. It is a large property, and I . will those we experienced.

1.) Hotel Room - We arrived at 5 p.m. Check-in was efficient and the desk staff was friendly. We requested a two queen non-smoking room and were accomodated. Our room was ready and we headed up. The room was clean and comfortable. The only issue we had was that the safe was malfunctioning. We called the desk and they sent a repair tech within 20 minutes to repair the safe. Beds were very comfortable which is a must. The room also had a large HD flat screen TV, sound system and single serve Keurig coffee maker. All were in good working order. The rates are on the high side, but our $189 rate was lower that some of the posted weekend rates which routinely run $500. Overall we were very satisfied with the room.
2.) Dining Options - We were only at the hotel/casino from Friday evening to Saturday evening so we didn't have a need to try the many dining options available. We had a light dinner in the food court Friday evening. Several food choices including Italian, burgers/sandwiches, cuban and Asian. We also ate at the Green Room restaurant for breakfast and dinner Saturday. We were satisfied with the food at both locations. The prices were not unreasonable at either. They have several other options from the buffet, smaller cafes, Hard Rock Cafe and the steakhouse. There will be something to suit everyone.
3.) Casino Floor - Let me preface this section by saying we visit Las Vegas twice a year and are used to the many gambling options and competition for the gambling dollar there. We had a couple of issues that I will mantion later. The casino at the Seminole Tampa Hard Rock is large and new. It has a comfortable feeling with plenty of energy. The Hard Rock theme is present throughout with rock music and memorabelia in all corners of the casino. There are endless options for the slot player with machines from once cent to the higher limit slots. Plenty for all budgets. Alcoholic drinks are not free for players here (unless using earned comps) if that is a deal breaker for you. They do offer free soda, cofee/tea or water however. I do not know if there is a state legal issue at play here. Even if it is a legal issue against providing free alcohol, they could discount the drinks to provide the player a perk. I did not buy alcohol on the casino floor but heard others order drinks at the tables/machines. Compared to the price I paid at one of the bars, the player drinks did not seem to be discounted. They offer a good variety of table games including black jack, three card poker, let-it-ride, ultimate texas holdem and others. The specifics about the table games available is on their website. We did notice a few issues with the table games. The first was the minimums. There is a short window for the $10 minimum player that appeared to close by 11 a.m. I get that this is a busniess and is there to maximize profit, but it's the competition in Vegas that keep the minimums lower longer and at more casinos. Until the state expands the gaming laws, the Seminole casinos do not have pressure to offer the lower minimum games longer. Knowing that going in, I wasn't too concerned with the mimimum issue as I played when I knew the limits would be lower to maximize my time at the tables/maximize the entertainment. The house always has the edge, so I simply try to find opportunities to get maximum emntertainment time and more time at the table to hit a few fun big hands. The next issue at the tables was the fact that when the limits were raised, the casino will not allow current players to continue at the previous minimum. They would not grandfather you in. I personally have never seen this policy in Vegas. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I have never seen it. Once again, this is a business and they make more money when patrons are wagering higher amounts. I get that, but with a customer base with no other realistic convenient gaming options, the Seminole Hard Rock has no incentive to be more customer friendly. Overall, however, the casino offered a good variety of gaming options and a comfortable energetic environment. 4.) Poker Room - I have played in this poker room twice before and I played a 10 a.m. tourney on this trip. The new poker room is well off the main casino floor and is non-smoking. This is a nice feature, as the casino is full of smoke. The room is large with roughly 50 tables spreading a wide variety of games/limits. The state now allows no limit games with higher buy-ins which have been great for the poker rooms. The tourney was well organized and all the staff (signup, cage, dealers, supervisors and waitresses) were efficient and friendly. This was the highlight for me on the trip. I enjoy poker, and I will definitely return to the Poker Room.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank JenLOrlando_FL
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Your feedback is invaluable to us. It allows us to get better for you. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a thorough review. We do hope you'll visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stay in the Tampa area at least 10 to 12 times a year! The service, rooms, and food are always excellent. This is the most consistent hotel I have had the pleasure of staying in. You have to visit the new Rise Bakery Restaurant...extreme value for portion size and quality food!
The rooms are very comfortable, spacious, and always VERY CLEAN! Way to go!

Room Tip: All are comfortable...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

What an incredible feeling to know all of our hard work to give you a memorable experience was appreciated and enjoyed by you. We can't wait to ROCK with you again.