“A classic stop for ice cream!! Not a restaurant”
Review of Bo's Ice Cream

Bo's Ice Cream
Ranked #18 of 66 Dessert in Tampa
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I have to be honest and say, I cannot be in the Tampa area and not stop here !!
I always get the vanilla/chocolate swirl. Best custard ice cream around!!!

Reviewed 24 March 2017

before its destroyed. the government went after it in a public humiliation, looks like no buyers are out there and the owners are ready to retire if they can. id hate to see this go away and Warren Buffet make even more money with has dairy queen and banking investments (that we would be bailing out if it started losing money again)

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We went to Bo's because of the reviews, but we weren't impressed. My friend's sherbet was not good, and the prices compared to the size of the ice cream seemed to be more than other places. I don't think we will be back.

1  Thank Caitlin J
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Mom and Pop window/drive up ice cream joint that is the best! The hot fudge sundae is my favorite and my husband raves about their cherry milkshakes.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Bo's Ice Cream has been in the same location on Florida Avenue since 1954 and other than the addition of the drive-thru, it hasn't changed. My first trip to the oasis of ice cream was in 1956. We lived just around the corner and walked over for some of the sweet goodness. This is one of Tampa's hidden gems you'll want to explore. The soft serve ice cream is rich and just melts in your mouth. They have a lot to choose from but my main choice is the upside down banana split. It's a cup full of total deliciousness. I highly recommend this spot to anyone visiting Tampa (it's less than five minutes from Lowry Park) and for residents looking for a place that has a long history of serving its customers just right.