“Great hotel/location”

Ranked #30 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great hotel/location”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This Springhill Suites is located so that you can do almost anything. It is minutes from the Tampa airport and within easy access to most of the tourist locations in the Tampa Bay area because it is just off the ramp to I-275. In addition, it is a very nice hotel with a good breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Edwin B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Excellent hotel. My wife and I attended an assembly in plant city and this hotel is now our favorite. In the summer when we come back for convention, we plan on staying here. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean. Excellent value for the price. The only reason we rated it a 4 rather than a 5 is that the we did not enjoy the taste of the breakfast. Other than that, best hotel we've stayed at.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Robertandsuzie
Kouts, Indiana
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I never write reviews, but was so disgusted with our stay at this hotel, I felt I should in this case.

When we arrived at this hotel after driving for 12 hours, we were very impressed. We had rented two rooms; one for myself, my husband, and our 6 year old, and the other for my mother, our teenager, and our 4 year old. The rooms were nice, and the set-up is particuarly helpful for families. There is an area with a pull-out bed that is separated from the main bed area. This is the reason why we booked the hotel, as we are a family traveling with small children. We were hoping to have the children go to bed early, while we stayed up to talk or watch TV.

Unfortunately, the stay deteriorated quickly when we attempted to use the pull-out bed. The bed was not made up and when we pulled out the linens from the closet, it was evident that they had not been washed. The blanket, in particular, had obvious urine stains and hairs all over it. A call to the front desk was met with a sigh, and a response that there were no other blankets available in the hotel. She then told me that she would bring up some sheets "when she had some time". Finally, after waiting for 45 minutes (at 11:00 p.m.) I covered up my 6 year old with some sweatshirts and called and told them to forget it.

At 3:00 a.m., we were awakened by a loud banging sound coming from the bathroom. This persisted until 6:00 a.m.

When we checked out in the morning, they initially offered a $10 discount, which was ridiculous anyways, but because they had erroneously charged our credit card at the time we made our reservation, they said they couldn't refund the amount. We left in disgust.

This hotel was too expensive for such shoddy service. We always try to stay at Marriott hotels, but this one was a massive letdown. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, and we will not stay there again when we are in the Tampa area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DianeKH
Morris NJ
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Great hotel-rooms are nice and clean and spacious. There on business. Strange that during the Manager's Reception when I asked for a coke-they told me that only beer is free? A bit odd! Traffic on the main road off the interstate is a mess with construction. Again-good hotel at a great price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank douger67
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This hotel was in between Tampa and the destination for my client. Aside from being difficult to access and having no quick access to I-75 (perhaps the current construction underway is going to improve this), it suited my needs for a place to put my head while on the road. The staff was friendly and helpful and the complimentary breakfast was good for an on-the-go business traveler. There are many restaurants nearby, so finding a place to eat is not a problem. However, the HVAC made loud clicking noises during the night and the high speed internet would better be described as almost dial-up. I've stayed with many other Marriott brands, and this is on the lower end of those hotels. I don't plan on repeating a visit here any time soon since high-speed internet is a requirement for me as an IT Consultant.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
0.8 km away
7.1 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa North
#1 of 5 in Temple Terrace

Been to SpringHill Suites Tampa North/I-75 Tampa Palms? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK