See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for an affordable hotel in this area, I suggest staying somewhere else. I flew into Tampa early before I had to go grade the Advanced Placement English Language exam at the Tampa Convention Center. I had been thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail for 4 months and was only carrying my pack, which may have influenced how rudely I was treated, since it’s hard for people who aren’t familiar with long distance hiking to tell the difference between a backpacker and a homeless person.

I got to the Red Roof In at midnight, and checked in. My card was not run at the time of check-in and nothing was said to me about payment by the night front desk clerk. I called down to the front desk at 10 the next morning and said I wanted to stay another night. The day front desk clerk told me I could re-book on booking.com (as I had done for my first night) or come downstairs and rebook. I rebooked on booking.com. At 12:30 the front desk clerk and a child (?) knocked on my door and asked if I was leaving. I said I was rebooked already and he said OK.

At 2 pm I was in the shower when I heard a woman’s voice in my room. It was the manager and she told me I needed to come down to pay. I told her that I would be down shortly, but that I had already re-booked. She was not in “customer service” mode at all and argued with me about my version of events even though I was naked and leaning around the bathroom door. She said I should have come down and paid at 11, which is the first time this had been communicated to me directly. She left and when I came out of the shower I saw that the curtains in my room had been opened. I have PTSD from assault and having my room entered when I was in the shower and then having my curtains left open was just the kind of thing that tends to set me off. So at this point I got angry and very defensive.

I went down to the front desk and rather calmly (I’m so proud of myself) but very clearly said everything I have written here (except the PTSD thing) directly to the manager and her employee. They both argued with me, the employee revising what he had said in front of his manager, which is quite understandable since that’s his workplace and he doesn’t want to admit he goofed. I finally asked if there was a late check-out fee I could pay because I did not want to reward bad customer service by paying for another night. The manager just said “ No, you can just leave immediately.”

This is by far the most rudely I have ever been treated by a hotel employee, and I really think it was because they thought I couldn’t pay. Joke’s on them, I’m actually rather flush at the moment. In fact, there’s an Embassy Suites right across the road from the Red Roof Inn... maybe I’ll stay there tonight instead. They do have a lovely breakfast...

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
rri173, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

I apologize for the inconvience you have experienced at our hotel. We will make sure it doesn't happen again in the future.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Even though the hotel was completely booked. Diana made sure we had a room. We have beed coming to this hotel since years and aways friendly staff. That makes it alot easier when you on the road. Thank you diana and staff

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

I am glad you enjoy your stay here. I will make sure to let the staff know about your experience. Thank you

Reviewed 28 March 2018

stay away people. RUN!!!! First the front desk staff is rude and inconsiderate and clueless. She was too busy speaking to her coworker then carrying to take care of me. Our room was GROSS!!!! it smelt like urine. We had to call and ask for clean sheets for our beds. There were stains and just filth on them. Our bathroom door didn't even close. We were given one towel and when we asked for more we were given an attitude. We were suppose to stay two nights but I could not so I cancel my second night. The desk staff could not figure out how to refund me. Took forever trying to figure it out and again had a huge attitude and was clueless. I

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
rri173, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Good morning,

I apologize for your inconvenient you experienced. I spoke to you yesterday and refunded the money for the 2nd night. I will share your review with the staff.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We stayed during the Florida State Fair and it was nice and clean. The place is pretty quiet and the staff are really good. We requested the first floor room and they accomodated us. We will be back again next year....

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Good morning,

Thank you for your great review. This year with had good weather for the Fair. You should come to the Strawberry Festival. It's right after the Fair. Great music and food. I will share your great review with the staff.

Thanks,

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Check in went smoothly. We received our request of a first floor drive up room but then we went to the room. It was bad. There was this large burnt spot on a fixture over the clothes rack, large bare areas across the popcorn ceiling, some kind of brown spots on the heater by the door, carpet by the sink had burn marks all over it (this is a smoke free hotel....obviously not always) and to top it off my husband pulled the curtain back and a live roach was on the sill. I took the killed bug up to the front desk and asked for another room. I loved her response. She was like yuck don't put that on my desk...I was like exactly and you wanted me to sleep with it in my room.

I did go and check another room they offered but couldn't get past the smell that hit me from the door. Needless to say we left.

We were in town to go to the Florida State Fair and the rate was on the high side at $115 per night.

Room Tip: Stay up the same road at the Red Roof Fair Grounds although it is a little more.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Good morning,

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We have Pest Control every 2 weeks. Guest smoke unfortunately in non smoking rooms. We can not control it or prevent it from happening. I even charge a fine for smoking in the rooms. I will share your experience with the staff.