“Friendly and special”

Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel
Ranked #64 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 April 2012

They welcomed me with open arms. Great people and relaxed stay. I didn't feel like I had to dart through all the hum hum people. Beautiful place to stay. The town was to rush rush but the stay was great!!

• Stayed: April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Room was fine, a bit dated, but seemed clean. Tub didn't drain properly. They were powerwashing the outside of the hotel and we were hit with the spray while sitting by the pool. Turns out they were using bleach and it ruined a shirt and shorts. When I told the front desk, they did nothing about it... "sorry but this has been scheduled for weeks and we can't change anything". They picked the peak time to spray over the pool - not much thought put into it. Others complained too but to no avail. Most ended up leaving the pool area. Very disappointing. It could have been done in the early hours when the pool area is shady and no one is out there. Did like the shuttle service and it was close to University of Tampa, which was the purpose of the visit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My daughter stayed here with her theatre troupe during the Florida State Thespian Festival. I went up for one day to attend her performance, and I loved this hotel. Walking distance to the Convention Center, Straz Center, Tampa Theatre and the St Pete Times Forum. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was beyond patient and nice. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed at the Sheraton for one night post-cruise. Got this hotel by bidding on priceline. I called ahead and told them we would be checking in early. Although I knew it was not guaranteed, I didn’t expect to be waiting until 4pm check-in. We sat in the very small hotel lobby for hours until our room was ready. I understand it was not the hotel’s fault, but it did put a damper on my thoughts of it. We saw other people checking in and getting their room keys right away, so we went up to see if our rooms were ready. Surprisingly they were, although nobody at the front desk let us know. The lobby is super small and where we were sitting was steps away from the front desk, not to mention that there were 7 of us. We had an antsy 2 year old running around, so it would have been nice for the front desk to advise us of our rooms being ready as soon as they were instead of waiting for us to ask.

The rooms were surprisingly spacious and clean, but the carpet was dated. Beds were very comfy. The hotel provided a free shuttle to take us within a 3 mile radius, which was very convenient. Overall it was an okay hotel for the price we paid, but because of the rough check-in & poor front desk service, I would not stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I've been a fan of Sheraton's for years and it's usually my first choice. I don't often have overnight business in Tampa, but did this month. The location is VERY easy to find from the airport and my worry of downtown parking was instantly eliminated with their free valet and overnight parkign for guests.

The room was spotless as I would expect for a Sheraton and furnished patio over looking the river was a perfect touch.

It's a perfect location for doing business downtown as during my stay, I never used my car and walked to every meeting that I had.

Hotel bar is cozy, decent wine selection and overall made for a nice way to end my evenings.

I've now got business trips to Tampa once a month and the Sheraton will be my home while there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business