Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

More Info
from US$ 122.00
More Info
17,576 results
All reviews cheetah hunt theme park thrill rides falcons fury cheetah run serengeti safari sky ride christmas town great roller coasters congo river rapids meal plan sesame street area howl o scream ice skating show all day dining water rides big rides
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 April 2021

Not sure if it’s due to the pandemic but this place was a joke in April 2021. There are hardly any food establishments open so definitely don’t buy the food package because you will be waiting in line for a min of 60-70 minutes just for food. I would eat before you go. The staff if you can find any are unhelpful and rude, like they don’t want to do their jobs. We saw sugar ray in the vip area and did the food festival. Sugar ray was fine but the food festival ran out of most food by 6:30-another 40$ wasted. The rides had over 2.5 hour waits. Just to enter the park even prepaid tickets took over an hour. Please don’t waste your time/money here with kids! They will not enjoy it, for a family of 6 it’s almost 1k to get in w a good package. It’s like this place is the dump version of Disney.

1  Thank cindymK3691LW
Reviewed 3 April 2021 via mobile

For as much money as BG Tampa brings in, I have to say my family was very disappointed. Many attractions and food snack kiosks were closed. No personnel to man them. My teens were able to ride 4 rides ALL DAY. Yep, you read that right. FOUR.

We ate at the Pizza Oasis and stood in line over 1.5 hours. Then another 10 minutes once we had our food to get to the slow cashier. We complained to a manager who said they are understaffed. Ya don't say! $110 later for our family, we sat down to cold food.

One other very disappointing event was trying to get on the train at Nairobi. We waited almost 2 hours before the announcer said the next train would not be running. When we inquired, a staff member said the park isn't busy and the staff members that "conduct" the train have to take a course that is 140 hours long and not just anyone can do that job. Well, if we ran our company like that, we would be out of business. Needless to say, the people behind us who would have to wait another 2 hours never knew the reason for the long wait. Mismanaged? Yes. Understaffed? Yes. Did the staff care? No. They were flippant and didn't give a rip. Too bad people do not pay 60% of the cost of the ticket since that is about what was open and available for families, if that. BG is known for great shows. Oh, they, too, are closed. I do not think we will be back anytime soon. A major disappointment!

Be sure you wear a mask! Social distancing isn't enough. And be sure you don't pull it down beneath your nose to breathe for a few minutes, you might be asked to leave. Disappointing once again.

3  Thank MelindaKW
Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

Despite the negative reviews, I did my research and we had a great visit to Busch Gardens yesterday April 1, 2021. Some things aren’t open. Some rides aren’t open, but none of this should be a surprise.

Perfect weather and day for our maiden voyage to Busch Gardens, April 1. Used my Platinum pass and 4 free guest tickets (less expensive than buying each person a separate ticket even if I never go again and includes great perks.). We live 45 minutes from the park. We stayed from 10am-2:30pm, with 3 adults and two kids (ages 11 and 14). We weren’t there for the high and extreme level coasters. Here are some notes from our trip:
-arrived before 10am, minimal lines and easy walk to entrance
-free preferred parking with platinum (this is a great perk)
-temperature check was via walking through a tent (no one with a thermometer checking each individual)
-bag check was quick. We only had Fanny packs, so it was easy.
-tickets AND reservations were scanned from my phone (so glad I didn’t have to bring paper tickets)
-first stop photokey booth .... went directly to the place you can scan and buy photos. They did everything for me, being a Platinum pass holder. Left with a plastic card to scan at photo ops. NOTE: none of the photo booths were open at the rides we went on. We kept track of the times we rode the rides and went back to the photokey booth to select our pictures and get them updated.
-rode Air Grover twice ( like I said we aren’t into the extreme )....no line at this one
-rode the Flume water ride and got soaked! Minimal line in the morning.
-took the train to Nairobi....again no line.
-Walked to Pantopia and rode the SandSerpent ... wait was about 30 minutes

In between times, we walked around, looked at animals, shopped and ate. Ate lunch at Dragon Fire Grill and Pub. The bacon cheeseburgers were great. We got in there about 12:45pm, and there was minimal wait. By the time we left there was a line out the door waiting to get in. We did not do all day dining, it would not have been worth it to us, as we didn’t stay all day and didn’t eat multiple meals. We did use the 20% off food perk with the platinum pass. Food was VERY expensive...lunch was still over $90 for 5 people, even with the discount.

Many of the snack booths were closed at the opening, but slowly opened as the day progressed. Some never opened, but we did not miss them.

We would have gone on a couple more moderate coasters but the lines were minimum 60 minutes and we weren’t that interested. The wait times were significantly increased after 2pm. We used the Busch Gardens app to check them.

Overall a good day and we’ll be back again.

1  Thank auntlori2021
Reviewed 2 April 2021

Half the restaurants are closed making for ridiculous lines. Employees are rude to you. Park is very old and run down.

Animals look underfed and have small spaces to live in. The tiger was the saddest of all very little space, very under weight looking, and just pacing in a small area.

Place needs to be shut down.

1  Thank johndV8505ZM
Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

I bought a ticket includding food. I feel conned. Almost all restaurants closed. Long story short, long lines, unhealthy food, very little choices. Crowded while making the line, when finally you get to the ride, they make you "social distancing" one row appart; so the lines get even worse.