“Not so great”

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
Ranked #1 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Busch Gardens Tampa is the ultimate family adventure, offering 300 acres of fascinating attractions based on exotic explorations around the world. A unique blend of thrilling rides, one of the country's premier zoos with more than 12,000 animals, live shows, restaurants, shops and games, Busch Gardens Tampa provides unrivaled excitement for guests of every age.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We visited during Spring Break and there were many places in the park that were not open. The park is starting to show its age and is not being kept to the standards of the other parks in Orlando. This park is very large and there is a lot of walking, utilize the train and sky lift to save some steps!

1  Thank Lisa M
BuschGardensTPA, Guest Relations Manager at Busch Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Lisa! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts concerning your recent visit to Busch Gardens. The experiences and comments of our guests are always welcome and greatly appreciated. We regret to hear about your experience. Could you contact us directly at BGA.GuestInformation@buschgardens.com so we may assist you further? Please include a copy of your review for reference. Thank you for reaching out.

All reviews
in 118 reviews
"zambia smokehouse"
in 112 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Busch Gardens has so many exhilarating roller coasters. They are so fun and me and my family often ride some more than once. There are so many interesting animals. The safari is fun,you can actually feed some of the animals! I would strongly suggest the Cheetah hunt it is so smooth,fast,and fun. The Sky Ride is a good way to get a amazing view of the park. You can see the animals and the roller coasters going. It is also very relaxing as you feel the nice breeze blowing on you as you glide through the air. The Shekira is another good however if you are not a person who is afraid of heights or doesn’t ride roller coasters this is probably not one for you. It takes you up 210 feet in the air, then it hangs you over the edge of a literally straight down hill for five seconds. However the Cheetah Hunt I would recommend for any roller coaster riders. I had a great time at the park, but they need to improve their app.

2  Thank SuPeRiOrGoAt
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Usually have passes for Busch in Williamsburg and water country. On vacation with family in Florida and we all decided to order passes to visit the Tampa location and SeaWorld. Placed my order over the phone and at No point did anyone ever inform me that I needed to pick up my passes at my “home location” I would have gotten them before leaving Virginia. So when we arrived at the park I showed my order and let the lot attendant know I had to pick my passes up.... I ended up paying for parking. $20... then when we arrived at the park waited nearly an hour in line to get to the ticket window. Out of three sets of windows only one set was open and wasn’t fully staffed. Mind you it is SPRING BREAK. Well the short staffed issues continued throughout the park. Didn’t even seem like half the food stands were open. One coaster was closed for maintenance and after waiting in hour in line for the next coaster some kid pulled a fire alarm and the lines were all evacuated. Continued our trip through the park and rode a few rides until they closed at 7pm.... AGAIN IT IS SPRING BREAK but yeah close at 7pm. Wait in line for nearly another hour at the customer service counter near the exit of the park and again was told nothing could be done about printing my passes, so on our trip to SeaWorld tomorrow and back to Busch on Saturday I will waste more time waiting in line for one day tickets. Definitely far from what I expected usually the customer service at the Virginia locations is outstanding. The park itself was gorgeous but not sure if it’s worth the hassle of all the lines I’m being required to wait in. Kinda defeats the purpose of being a “Premier Passholder”

1  Thank Crystal D

Hi Crystal! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts concerning your recent visit to Busch Gardens. The experiences and comments of our guests are always welcome and greatly appreciated. We regret to hear about your experience. Could you contact us directly at BGA.GuestInformation@buschgardens.com so we may assist you further? Please include a copy of your review for reference. Thank you for reaching out.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Love the environment, flowers and plants, and shows. Wonderful for just walking around. Seems to have something for all ages and physical abilities. Wonderful place.

2  Thank Louis F