“If you are a bird lover visit here”

Busch Gardens Tampa
Aquatica Orlando
Ranked #2 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Busch Gardens Tampa is the ultimate family adventure, offering 300 acres of fascinating attractions based on exotic explorations around the world. A unique blend of thrilling rides, one of the country's premier zoos with more than 12,000 animals, live shows, restaurants, shops and games, Busch Gardens Tampa provides unrivaled excitement for guests of every age.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Busch Gardens is about an hour's drive from Orlando.

It's easy to arrange coach reservations. There is a toll free number to call and they will will inform you where the pick up point is (there are numerous places in Orlando and Kissimmee).
We were picked up at 830 am at Universal Studios and the bus returned to Orlando at 6pm. The driver is very strict about the leaving time and will emphasise this several times to make it clear. If you miss the bus it is a $250 taxi fare to Orlando so you have been warned!

The staff at Busch Gardens don't accept tips as we found out when we tried to tip the bar tender at the Crown Colony pub. It was politely refused with the explanation that Seaworld Parks provide a proper wage so the staff do not need to rely on tips.

We didn't do any coasters and the only ride we did do was Stanley Falls. This was a tame ride but still fun. You really don't get as wet on this ride as you do in other parks. Taganyika Falls was closed as was Congo River Rapids which was disappointing.

My favourite part of the day was Lori Landing. I love birds so the chance to feed them at $5 for a plastic shot glass of nectar was pure heaven. The birds are beautiful and it was magical to enter their aviary and have several of them land on you just to get a sip of the nectar.

There is a wide variety of animals to look at including some of the more weirder ones like the sloth. It was an interesting creature to say the least!

If you want to get soaked stand by the eateries by the Sheikra ride. If you are standing nearby you will get drenched when the coaster hurtles by!

1  Thank Esmel

Reviewed 29 September 2012

Visited Busch gardens on our recent holiday and we were,nt disappointed .The rides are not for the faint hearted (ME) but my husband and daughter who love crazy rides had a ball ! We used the free transport that is provided by seaworld which my husband loved it mean,t he could have a day off from driving only downside of using this service is you are there for a full day . We decided to go on the safari which is not included in the ticket price but it is well worth paying the extra money to do this .They take you out on a safari truck and you get to see all the animals close up but the best bit comes at the end when you feed the giraffes it is something special.There is a photographer on the truck with you who will be taking photo,s but there is no pressure to buy them ,we took our own photo,s but we also bought the professional ones which were so natural and not posed for ,if there was one treat on my whole 14 day holiday i coud have it would be this one!

1  Thank maureendavies55
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Our family has had passes to Busch Gardens for the past 20 years. Now taking my granddaughter and seeing the park through her eyes makes it even more special. I don't know many one year olds love "hippos" so much and poke their head up into the tiger viewing area and say "hi" and trying to give kisses when the lion is right up against the window looking face to face at her. She loves the animals, runing through water and singing "A" is for Africa.

The kids, now young adults, still love the rollercoasters and I love I don't have to ride them anymore! My husband, mother and I even love coming to see the new shows after work, stop in for the fireworks and just to enjoy a short strollt throught the exhibits in the summer. We feel lucky to have such a wonderful place that feels like part of our home.

Can't wait to see the new Christmas area!

Reviewed 29 September 2012

We love Busch Gardens!! We went many times when our sons were young and my husband and I are in our 60's and we still enjoy going to the park. We love the rides, attractions and animal exhibits. It is very clean and a well maintained park.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

We love Busch Gardens for convenience and animals. the rides are great. winding down from summer so staffing seemed to be cut back, and not up to high tourist season standards. but we always have fun