“Great Hotel Bad Timing”

Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Florida
“Great Hotel Bad Timing”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Stayed here for a business trip and my biggest complaint was hotel staff running a huge ventilation fan right outside my room which included a water leak that even made its way into my room, which staff didn't even check on once I notified them of it. Some updating is needed as the room obviously had some partying in it that's starting to show. And the cookies are delish!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I would like to express my appreciation for the excellent and friendly service provided to me last evening May 7 at the hotel by Michael J. Borrello, Front Office Manager.

However, the carpet in the hallway on the 5th floor does need to be replaced.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bruce127
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I spent the weekend in Tallahassee for the "Fallen Officers Memorial" at the Capital. It is an annual trek for me. It is by far one of the best managed Hotels in the area. Walking distance to the Capital, downtown attractions and many great restaurants. The Staff are very helpful and always friendly. they have the best cookies when you check in. They are very generous with them any time, really. I'm allergic to chocolate, but it is worth the reaction, Coconut Chocolate Chip and Starbucks. It doesn't get any better. If you are visiting Tallahassee and you have small children, check out the Children's Museum, walking distance. It is wonderful.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Pamela M
Indianola, Mississippi
Reviewed 30 April 2012

It is amazing how friendly everybody is in the Florida panhandle, and the folks at the Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee were some of the friendliest! Every one of staff that I encountered during a week-long stay was very pleasant, welcoming, friendly and helpful. They made me love Tallahassee even more. Will definitely come back to stay here again. And the cookies, oh the cookies...the best ever.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Ive stayed at the Doubletree several times a year over the past five years always with a Priceline bid. I've always appreciated its great location. Although service was always friendly, Jacob's restaurant breakfast had previously been of poor quality and housekeeping had been sluggish. Last spring (2011) for example, our room didn't get cleaned until 5:00 pm. Last year I ordered scrambled eggs off the menu and they were awful. The waitress told us they used liquid eggs if you order scrambled eggs. This time cleaners were on our floor before 9:00 am and did a great job. Although we didn't try the breakfast buffet this time we ordered both breakfast and dinner off the menu. The breakfast food
( fried eggs, bacon, tomatoes, toast) was tasty, cofffee was good and service excellent. Light dinner of shared Cobb salad and Philly cheese steak was fine. Somehow I got wifi in the room this time although my husband didn't. So I don't know if that was a fluke. We found the beds very comfortable as before. As usual we enjoyed the cookies. All in all, it was a good stay. I wish they'd put a fridge in the room. Also the bathrooms need ventilation. I don't recall this being an issue in the past but this time I really noticed a lack of ventilation and was glad I'd brought an aromatic candle. The carpets still have some terrible stains. I hope there are plans to replace them soon. This is too nice a hotel to lack bathroom ventilation and have dirty carpets. I am glad to see that on other issues hotel management seems to be working in the right direction. This hotel has good bones and a great location with nice views from many rooms. Staff is very friendly and hospitable. As a Priceline customer who comes to Tallahassee at quiet times ( not legislature or football times) should I be so picky? Yes! I come a lot and usually stay at least three nights
several times a year when Doubletree rooms might otherwise be empty. I know how to avoid bidding for this hotel. But as long as it keeps improving, I'll keep trying.

• Stayed April 2012