“Pleasant experience”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Clean room, very comfortable bed, attentive staff, delicious warm cookies on arrival. We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant after check out on Sunday morning and the food was very good. The wait staff was extremely pleasant. We are relocating to Tallahassee soon and we are trying out several hotels while in the process of going back and forth, and we will definately recommend the Doulbletree to our visiting friends and family.

Room Tip: We are Hilton Honors members, so we automatically were booked on the top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights while my partner attended a conference at FSU. Had just flown in from Europe so my perceptions may have been influenced by that, but we found the rooms to be big and clean and the reception and breakfast staff to be very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was not the greatest in the world but we could have ordered a la carte if we'd wanted to. Nice views from the room. Comfortable beds and a lovely chair and footrest in the room too. Bathroom was a bit on the small side but still better than many in parts of Europe. Plenty of restaurants in the surrounding streets if you are willing to walk more than a block. No shops though - again, maybe it's the European experience but I found this odd.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I always stay here when in Tallahassee, this was my third time. It is a great location, staff is friendly and they have super comfortable beds!! I am returning again next month.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We arrived just after check in & they couldn't accommodate our connecting room reservation unless we settled on different type rooms that what we reserved. That was annoying! Especially when travelling with kids.
The duvet cover on one of the beds had a gross stain on it.
The hotel is in a great, central location. Nice area to walk around. Had breakfast buffet, reasonable price.
NO FREE WI-FI in the room! That's stone age! Don't make me pay for it! On top of the $8 a day to self park.
We will be travelling to Tallahassee a lot in the next 4 years as our daughter is attending FSU. I'm trying a different hotel for the next visit to see if I can find one that can give us the free wi-fi and accommodate our request.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2012

From a picky person. The staff was great and the beds were the most comfortable of any hotel I have ever stayed at. Room was clean. One mishap was that the cleaning person came in my room when I had the Do Not Disturb sign out. Did not appreciate that. The restaurant in the hotel is not that great and there is not much nearby for eating. I did not have transportation so I was limited. One last thing, no FREE Wi-Fi except in the lobby, which nowadays should not be.

Room Tip: Stayed on 9th floor, did not have a fridge, but room had been renovated.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business