“Great location, but check in can be challenging”

Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel. Check in was a challenge, we did not arrive until 3 pm and they could not find a room for us with a king bed, (we reserved a king) we finally had to settle for a double queen next to the ice machine. I am disappointed that they cannot keep the registrations straight, both times, no king rooms available?. I believe that Seinfeld did a skit on this problem with car rentals. The room was nice, the parking is very, very, very tight, bring a small car. The pool is not heated. We ate breakfast in the restaurant downstairs, I would not recommend the continental part of the buffet, all of the bread was stale our first day, not a little stale, we are talking brittle, I snapped a croissant in half, it actually snapped! It is much better if you order your breakfast fresh. Very good coffee, outstanding people, everyone is very friendly and very polite. They have an outstanding location, it is an easy walk anywhere around downtown.
We Love the hotel, just wish they could get the reservations straight.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 March 2012

I am a Hilton Diamond VIP and have stayed in Hitlon Brand hotels all over the world. The Doubletree in Tallahassee has among the friendliest staff and most accommodating General Manager I have ever encountered. They go out of thier way to make your stay at the Doubletree very pleasant. The location is also great. If there is something good happening in Tallahassee it will occur near the Doubletree. The rooms are average for a doubletree. The food in the dining room is acceptable, but not stellar. The thing that is noteworthy is the friendly courteous staff that makes this a hotel worth visiting again and again.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the state capitol, and is up at least 5 floors. There are often street festiv...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed here while in the area. I was in the area for 2 days. I checked in when I first arrived. The outside appearance was nice. I am a Hilton Diamond member and stayed on the executive level floor. The room was very nasty and appeared to be very old. The bathroom had mold around the toliet and black stains in the tub, the wallpaper was peeling and the was stains on the bed cover. I went to the desk in the evening to ask for a late check out something Diamond members have privilege to. I was not even asked by the girl what room I was in or nothing I was told no. I then called Hilton to report all the problems and sent by email pics of the condition of the room. The next morning there were other guest complaining to the manager about how bad there stay was. I too told management by they acted like it was nothing. Also the floor was loud something you usually don't see on the executive floor of Hilton properties. I left there after refusing to stay even one more night in this nasty hotel. I left and went to another Hilton hotel to finish my trip. This was my first experience at a Double Tree and will be my last. Even the food in the restaurant was even below average. Word of advise there is a Hilton Garden Inn about 4 miles away stay there if you want a clean room and nice staff. Will definitely never stay here again or recommend this Hotel to anyone. Old property with nasty rooms and Rude staff.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Chris G
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Great hotel, great location, nice staff. The restaurant was great with wi-fi to hang out a and my daughter who finished her homework

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Recently stayed here while in Tallahassee on business. Great location staff and room. A bit noisy inside the room (hear other bathrooms/showers) but what you gonna do. Will definitely be back..

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business