“Trip to Florida” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Trip to Florida”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Overall rating of hotel is very good with a few exceptions. The bathrooms need to be updated to include bars in the showers. The television in the living room area did not work. And the bathroom in one of the bedrooms had not been cleaned very and checked thoroughly - there was a pair of ladies panties still hanging on the door from the previous guests.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RIManager96, Manager at Residence Inn Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Pat H:

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and make me aware of the issues that you had. We received new television cable receivers and that seems to have taken care of the television issue in the living room. Our handicap accessible rooms do have the handle bars in their bathrooms and I have passed along your suggestion to the appropriate person. We at Residence Inn Tallahassee North take great pride on our rooms so please come back to stay with us so you will see our excellent staff and standards.

Warm regards,
Gigi Cassedy
Assistant General Manager
850-422-0093 x 401
ri.tlhri.agm@marriott.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Homewood, AL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

The floor plan for the 2 bedroom suite is comfortable and efficient. The management is another issue. I reserved a 2 bedroom suite for a family of 6 (4 children under the age of 5) coming in for a wedding who needed a kitchen because of a child's food allergies. I reserved the room over 5 months in advance. Upon my arrival to the hotel, I secured the family's room with my credit card and was assured there was a 2 bedroom suite waiting for them. At check-in they were given a one bedroom suite and another room (that was not even adjoining). I guess the hotel thought four small children should stay in a room alone. So the family of six had to share one bed and a sofa. The manager explained that existing guests had requested to stay another night in their 2 bedroom suite so the hotel allowed them to stay, taking the suite reserved for my family. I have never know any hotel to allow this. The manager offered a one night discount but then still billed me at the rate for a 2 bedroom suite which the family never got! I complained in the survey that was sent to me after our stay. I received no response. I complained to Marriott Customer Care, and they informed me all complaints/resolutions are handled by the local hotel management. Marriott did not even apologize or indicate that any Marriott policies were not followed. So...in my opinion, if it doesn't matter to you what type of room you stay in or that you have a room at all, then this hotel might work for you. But if it matters, I would not make a reservation at a hotel that will give your room away. I will never stay at a Marriott again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Traveler3Homewood_AL,

Thank you for staying with us for your family wedding. I am glad that you found your two bedroom suite comfortable and efficient. I want to apoligize for the problems that you experienced with your hotel accommodations. We try, on a daily basis, to make our guests comfortalbe and exceed their expectations of a hotel, when they are away form home. I truly am sorry that we did not do this in your case. I would like to invite you back for your next family event so that we can provide you with a warm welcome Residence Inn stay.

Best regards,
Gigi Cassedy
Assistant General Manager
850-422-0093 x 401
ri.tlhri.agm@marriott.com
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We lived here four months after a storm made our home uninhabitable. The associates treated us so well and became family. Gigi, Shawn, Chris, Mary and other key individuals assure every quest's comforts and requests are noted. The only drawbacks to this property are no king beds and very busy weekends, but the exceptional customer service makes all the difference!

• Stayed August 2011
Beach, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the dining room staff in the morning. Room was clean and updated except for the bathroom tub. It was as if they had forgot to replace the faucet knob for the shower. It was obviously original to the room and was quite difficult to determine where the hot and cold stopped and started. The tub could also benefit from an assist bar for older guests or those with balance issues. Agree that bed is bit too firm and could benefit from bed topper. Pillows were good.

Location is very convenient to I-10 and intown TLH and many different restaurants.

Would recommend!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JDinTLH
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

I spent Christmas at the Residence Inn with relatives and we had an awesome stay! The staff was extra friendly, especially the cook and the front desk clerk who had genuine cheerful attitudes and was really helpful giving us directions. I booked the 2 bedroom suite online for two nights and it was well worth the price. The suite had stylish furniture, comfy beds, plenty of towels and amenities, flat screen tv, fireplace, high speed internet, and a cute kitchen with all new appliances including a dishwasher. Even though we had a pretty loud party in our room, we had absolutely NO complaints from the staff or other guests. The hefty breakfast buffet had a variety of different foods each morning which was fresh and had REAL orange/apple/cranberry juice, not generic watered down kind.The inside pool was nice and the hotel itself looks better in person than in the pics. This is a sweet hotel in a convenient spot I highl ecommend if you want more for your money!

Room Tip: The third floor wasnt as occupied which allowed us to be as loud as we wanted!