Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection
US$ 111
US$ 126
US$ 121
US$ 123
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
US$ 104
BestWestern.com
Candlewood Suites Tallahassee(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
US$ 145
US$ 115
Hotels.com
US$ 124
US$ 111
US$ 95
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsrooftop barshula's restaurantlevel loungerain showerfrosted glassboutique hotelvalet staffrooms are smalltraveling aloneshower headthe entire hotelking roomdowntown tallahasseegreat customer servicethe general managerfloorciara
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I had a wonderful stay. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The restaurant had delicious, juicy steaks. The rooftop bar was fabulous. It's a great place to unwind at the end of a long day. The staff were very helpful and polite.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hawkinsphd
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The hotel is very sharp, upscale and trendy. The first floor restaurant and the bar on the top floor are excellent. There is even a nice morning bistro. The valets are good and service was good. However, the rooms were going for a look and not functionality. Who designs a bathroom with two sliding glass walls. There is no privacy at all. Also, the shower has large river rock for its floor. It was cool to look at but not fun to stand on. Lastly, the bed is full size (not queen or king) so it was tight for us. It appears that they remodeled this hotel to provide nice pictures for the website but the room is not comfortable. Go for the restaurant and rooftop bar afterwards.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed there with my wife for one night while in Tallahassee for a wedding. We wound up at Level 9 after the wedding reception with guests from the wedding to celebrate into the night. I was impressed with the hotel and it's retro modern decor. Our room was a modest size, but it was as large as I expected for a historic boutique hotel. The staff was courteous, the breakfast at LeRoc was fantastic, and the lobby is hip - sustainable wooden end tables, Philippe Starck Louis Ghost chairs, and concrete, glass and polished metal abound. As a Florida State graduate, I plan to stay here in the future when I return for football games. It's the kind of hotel I'd stay if I were in Las Vegas, New York, or Miami, so it's nice to see this kind of place in Tallahassee (without the Las Vegas, New York, or Miami price tag). Our room had a small refrigerator (an amenity few hotels offer that was greatly appreciated), bathrobes, Rusk bath products, and an in room intranet request service (that made requesting the car from valet and placing in-room service a cinch). My only complaint is the lack of self-parking. There's free valet service, but as a car guy, I don't let valet touch my sports car. Fortunately, this trip I had a rental car, but when I return I'll be sure to park along Monroe in a metered space.

Room Tip: The music from the rooftop bar can be intrusive if you're in a room too close to it. Request a room on the lower floors (i.e. 3 or lower) if you plan to go to bed before 2 AM.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vinh L
JamesPRoberts, General Manager at Hotel Duval, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Dear Vinh L,

Thank you for submitting a review about your stay with us. It's also great to see that some people really do pay attention to the details and understand what we were trying to accomplish with our decor.

When visiting again, please do not worry about bringing your sports car. We tend to park some pretty exotic and high end cars and I can ensure you that our valet attendants treat every car with care.

Go Noles!!!

James Roberts
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 19 March 2012

My wife and I had a great time celebrating her 40th birthday at Hotel Duval. Everything was great. I splurged on the Executive Suite for the special occasion and it was terrific. I would definitely return for another romantic getaway with my wife. All of the hotel staff we encounter was very professional. Be sure to go up to the Level 8 for some nice views of downtown!

Room Tip: The Executive Suite is a great option especially for a special occasion. The suite was very roomy and the shower with dual shower heads was great!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Stayed here for one night on buisness. Great re-model of an old property. Highlights include a Shulas on property and the Level 8 bar upstairs, one of tallahassees more posh bars. Rooms are nice but the bad is a queen and lacking. Nice space and the shower is my favorite of all time. I'd stay here again.

Food at shulas was fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2012