“Perfect Location”

Ranked #29 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
St. Petersburg FL
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The Governor's Inn is located a block away from the New and Historic Capitol buildings in Tallahassee and directly across the street from Andrew's Grill. All of the downtown museums and restaurants are within an easy stroll through the quiet town. Andrew's has a salad bar, in addition to burgers and sandwiches, while Harry's (a block away) provided excellent Cajun style seafood.

The Inn is a neatly remodeled horse stable that shows signs of the past in the truss work that is still visible as you walk down the main corridor. We arrived to a VERY attentive staff and valet service who regularly engaged in pleasant conversation and offers of assistance. We were fortunate to visit the Capitol during a lull in activity so the Inn and Capitol buildings were quiet and relaxing. We opted for a Loft unit that sported a comfortable King size bed up a flight of spiral stairs. The main level had a pull out sofa, fireplace and balcony. We didn't use the fireplace due to the summertime conditions, and the balcony only overlooked a closed courtyard so there wasn't really any view from it. The sofa bed was uncomfortable for our 10-year-old so we placed the mattress on the floor and she was OK. The flat panel TVs were small but serviceable.

Overall the location and attentiveness of the staff made our stay at the Governor's Inn exceptional and I would recommend it if you want to stay in the heart of town.

Room Tip: Loft units have balcony overlooking closed courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gregarch
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Governor's Inn while visiting my daughter at FSU. The staff is awesome! The first night we stayed in room 102. It was HORRIBLE. It was the noisiest hotel room I have ever had. The room is called a "deluxe" room. It was not. It was too close to the lobby, very small, and not in good condition. At night we were kept up by guests going to their rooms. Before 6am, it is very noisy with the hotel staff preparing for the very modest breakfast. There are dishes clanging & you can hear people talking. It was very loud. I called the front desk by 7:30am & begged to be moved to the back of the hotel. They did accommodate. It was a much better experience in that room. It was very inconvenient to switch rooms & we were exhausted all day Saturday which I was looking forward to enjoying with our daughter. I think you will enjoy your stay if you are in the back of the hotel. the hotel does advertise refrigerators in the rooms & you have to call the front desk for them. There is also not space in the rooms for the refrigerator.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel are MUCH quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank luvtennis0813
Florida
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at The Governors Inn both to and from our recent driving trip to New Orleans. We stayed both times in a Chamber Suite, and my wife had one of the best sleeping nights ever! The front desk staff and valet were friendly and welcoming, and the room was large and very clean. My only minor complaint is that the breakfast buffet is somewhat limited in selection.

I would highly recommend this hotel to couples, families, and business travelers visiting the Tallahassee area. The hotel is also located close to several decent restaurants and bars if you need to dine out.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Simmrouter
Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at Governer's Inn because of the glowing reviews on Trip Advisor. Yikes, seems like a completely different hotel! The room was tiny, the TV was tiny, the refrigerator was dirty, the bathroom floor was sticky, and every time someone used the water or the toilet in other rooms, it sounded like our bathroom was flooding. Also, I had to fix the toilet by reattaching the chain in the tank.

I almost killed myself when I fell out of the unnecessarily high bed in the morning because we were awakened at 8am on Sunday by drilling outside of our room.

The breakfast was marginal, at best. The only bright spot was the very friendly staff. Never again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Robinnora
Philipsburg, St. Maarten-St. Martin
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed here in January for a couple of days alone and It was quite a lovely experience.
The staff were wonderful and so helpful. It's a great place to stay if traveling alone . The rooms were beautiful and wireless high speed internet is available. It's situated right in the heart of Downtown Tallahassee and right across of Andrew's Capital Grill and Bar. The breakfast was a half-hearted attempt but other than that I would have to say it's the best place to stay in Tallahassee!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo