Days Inn by Wyndham Tallahassee-Government Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 May 2011

My Self as F.O.P. state trustee along with presiden of same attending the fl. police memorial , found the operators & staff along with the room's ( best bed's ever) to one of the best location's that we have stayed at. We have informed our membership of this along with the P.B.A and friends, Also good breakfast. We will stay again next year.

RONALD VAN EVERY

Room Tip: Great place to stay, Good location,
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Front desk very friendly and efficient. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. Lots of choices on the breakfast buffet, too. It's a little far from the FSU campus - 20 minute drive if traffic is bad. Very close to restaurants, shopping.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I made our reservation through priceline.com. Usually we stay at the La Quinta on Apalachee Parkway because it is close to my daughter. What we didn't realize when we'd planned this weekend, that it was Graduation Weekend for FSU and FAM and rooms were at a premium.

When we finally arrived at the Days Inn, the check out clerk was very nice and charming. It didn't hide the fact that some young boy was running around behind the counter distracting her. And just because she was charming didn't mean that I didn't notice that she waited on the 4 college gals that came in behind me.

I make my living on the internet and know how to make reservations. I had reserved (and paid for in advance) 2 beds in a non-smoking room. We drove around the building to our room it felt like we were entering a DMZ. Half of the rooms were unoccupied, with doors open, curtains sagging, furniture outside. It was crazy.

Our room consisted of a king sized bed. The smell of smoke was so thick I couldn't breathe. As an ex-smoker I remember the days of being treated like a second class citizen because of my habit...but I had specifically requested a NON smoking room. I called the front desk.

Again, the desk clerk was very charming although passive aggressive. If I wanted two beds and a non smoking room, why did I order a smoking king? I explained to her that I didn't. She sighed (just loud enough for me to hear her) and told me that she would call her boss and see what she could do. We waited for about 5 minutes in the room, gagging.

She called back and explained that her boss was reluctant to give us another room. She implied that priceline really screws over the motels and that they make NO money. However, she eventually gave us a room -- non smoking, 2 beds.

The room was shabby but clean. As a matter of fact, the whole facility is shabby. The beds were okay except that the blankets were of some type of rubberized velour that felt disgusting. The staff was nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
daysinngov, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Tallahassee-Government Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2010

Thank you for your response .

We are family onwed and operated. I can appreciate your frustration with our a child being behind the counter. As parents, we sometimes forget that this situation could be a major distraction to our customers. We will minimize such situations in the future and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

As for the DMZ. We had a huge plumbing issue during this time period. New Furniture had to be taken out of rooms and unfortunately much of it had to be discarded. The good news is that we now have newer furniture in many rooms.

As for your room type issue. Had a non smoking room been available I would have gladly assign it to you. Research had led me to understand the issue arrised from the 3rd party to Wyndham reservation system, Although we were a victim as well we could've handled this situation better than we did and our apologies to you.

Although we can't change your experience, we remain hopeful that you will give us another opportunity to deliver the service you deserve. We do appreciate your business.

Reviewed 19 May 2010

I would like to say something positive about the Days Inn South, in May 2010.

This was a very plain, conventional motel room -- but mainly it was remarkably clean. There were absolutely no bad motel room smells. Everything - tub, shower walls, rug, furniture, telephone, sink, toilet, mirrors, tv set and towels had been cleaned with care. The room had a microwave and small refrigerator, which I really, really appreciate, because I prefer own choice of food than eating at restaurants. The bed was well made, clean and comfortable and I slept very well.

I don't normally write reviews, but I was actually impressed by the cleanliness, amenities and low price, so I felt this Days Inn deserved a good word. The room was $50, close to the lowest other rates I found. This motel was sparsely occupied, but not quite vacant. Clerk was very friendly. There was free breakfast of some sort, but I didn't take advantage of that.

The attached photo was just a snapshot - I wasn't thinking of writing this review at that moment.

For comparison, the next night (and for business reasons) I stayed at a hotel (Cabot Lodge) where the government-negotiated price was $100. Fancier, yes, and very nice staff, but the bed was not as well made or as comfortable, and I thought the pillows smelled a little. I did not sleep as well. Notably there was no in-room refrigerator or microwave (although there was ice in the hallway, and there was a microwave in the lobby). The room lighting was better, and there was a sofa. In all, I liked the Days Inn South better for $50 less.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2009

We just needed a place that was convenient for bypassing Tallahassee on our way south. I booked this place with points. Despite having read the reviews, I didn't think it would be too bad for one night. It is a very old place and it shows (although they were doing some painting outside and the tub walls and bathroom countertop had new granite). It's going to need a lot more than that. There was a gap of a couple of inches between the bottom of our door and the floor so I asked for a different room--same there too. I called and a guy finally came with a towel to cover the gap! The carpet was old and dirty. The fixtures are old. The room has that old smell to it. I couldn't get my laptop hooked up to the Internet. Although we had a good sleep (it was quiet), I'd stay elsewhere until this place has major renovations--unless your wife isn't fussy!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple