“STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #56 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Worst hotel ever!! Roaches, dirt, bad smells, dirty carpet and towels, old furniture and the worst of all: ROACHES!!! Keep away from this terrible place, better sleep in your car

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank luisaviolin
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I do not reccomend this hotel to anyone. We stayed there for a football game only because it was the only room available in Tallahassee. Next time, I would rather sleep on the street. The room smelled like an animal just died in there. The window directly facing the parking lot on the lower level had mold all around it and did not lock (so anyone could have come in while we were sleeping) the iron was missing off the wall, the cable did not work... Oh yeah, and the bathroom door was a plank of wood (no doorknob and no latch to close it) and I'm pretty sure there was blood stains on the mattress and inside the lamp shades

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Annesunita
Reviewed 23 December 2008

Had reservation here even though I had read the review. Stayed at a Rodeway Inn in Orange Park, Fl with good results. We were on the way home to Louisiana from a cruise out of FT Lauderdale. We had reservations here as that was about half way. I checked in even though I was wondering before then about the place. When I got to the room on third floor, it was not any better looking than the lobby. The bed was not comfortable at all. The hotel was just not clean at all. I went back to the front desk and told the agent that I could not stay there. She said okay.
Rodeway is an Economy Brand of Choice Hotels, but I don't believe any one from Choice has seen this place. I called Choice Hotels and they got the reservation cancelled for me. Went down the street and stayed at a Quality Inn. This hotel has a 24 hour cancellation policy. My advice would be to cancel a reservation before then if you have one.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Skamper73
Reviewed 1 August 2007

I saw at leat a dozen roaches in my room, including in the mini fridge on my one night stay. The tub also had a ring of soap scum that the house cleaner did not bother to clean. The minute I walked into my room it reeked of mold. This hotel is discusting and I do not recommend it to anyone. I have called the main office and they will be investigating the situation.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank bergeroc
Reviewed 19 November 2006

I was due to attend a conference in New Orleans and decided to drive. I used hotels.com to find a place in Tallahassee because it is half way between my home in Fort Lauderdale and the conference. The Rodeway Inn seemed to be a good place to stay; cheap and near the interstate. I was very pleasantly surprised by my stay.

I asked for a non-smoking room and found out that the entire third floor (where my room was) is non-smoking. I was concerned that I could hear a baby crying as I left the elevator. As soon as I closed the door to my room, though, blissful silence...

Apparently, the previous user of the room rearranged the furniture. All the furniture was arrayed to provide the largest possible area in the middle of the floor. I suspect this was for a family. This arrangement meant that if the chair was placed at the desk, there was no passage past the bed to the rest of the room. The phone was also on the bed stand so dial-up internet users would have to move stuff around. Rodeway claimed wireless access throughout the hotel but I had no equipment to test it. I was just there to sleep anyway so I just left a note with the front desk mentioning that the furniture needed rearranging.

The bed was comfortable and the AC/Heater unit kept the room quietly comfortable on low settings. The shower was easy to use and adjust for the right temperature. The room was a great place to rest and sleep before completing my trip.

There seemed to be a few families staying, perhaps long term, at the inn. All were welcome in the lobby and everyone was friendly and accommodating.

Continental breakfast was generic donut sticks and cinnamon rolls, bananas, apples, oranges, orange and apple juice, and coffee. Lids are provided for the Styrofoam coffee cups for those (like me) who want to get on the road in a hurry.

At checkout the clerk quoted me a lower rate than hotels.com so I accepted it. By the time I returned home, I found that I had been billed at the hotels.com rate, the lower rate, and the lower rate had been canceled. While I would have preferred the lower rate, the fact that the double booking had been corrected before I returned home saved me time and aggravation trying to correct the situation. This one part of the hotels.com experience means that from now on, I am going to call the hotel first to see if I can book a lower rate for myself or my family.

There is a very good chance that I will be traveling to New Orleans again with my family. I would be happy and feel safe and secure to have my wife and kids with me at this inn and will book with them the next time we travel through Tallahassee. I recommend this inn for anyone who is traveling on business or with family and wants to save a few bucks.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank roachmp